OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Newbie Install Woes, stuck in a getty loop!
Wildherb
post Aug 11 2007, 02:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,887

Hello, this is my first post on this forum but I've had my 3100 for nearly 2 years and been through just about all the ROMs except OpenBSD so I thought I'd give it a try because I like X and want to use a 'native' system rather than a bolt-on or cut-down system.

I have decided to use 4.1 for now and I'm using this method to load the installer, and I've put the install sets on a CF card as I dont have an ethernet card for my Z (wireless only)

# insmod zbsdmod.o
# cp bsd.rd /proc/zboot

Everything seems to go OK. I get to calibrate the X screen and invited to reboot. At this point I copy the config file to /mnt/mtdflash2/pcmcia/config and reboot. The reboot gets as far as this, then gets stuck in a loop of getty messages.

init: kernel security level changed from 0 to 1
init: can't exec getty 'usr/libexec/getty for port /dev/ttyC0: no such file or directory
init: can't exec getty 'usr/libexec/getty for port /dev/ttyC1: no such file or directory

I've been through this twice with the same results. Any ideas what I can do?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
ZDevil
post Aug 22 2007, 07:10 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,882

I am not sure if it helps or is relevant, but either swapping the internal MD with a CF or installing everything in one big root partition seems to alleviate the resume problem.

+Quote Post
mathemajikian
post Aug 23 2007, 03:04 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 10,349

Don't try and build your system from source with the -O3 flag as the gcc/cc compiler won't work afterwards. Just thought I'd share that tiny bit of info. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th December 2014 - 03:38 PM