OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Openbsd Update Script, System Updating/Building Made Easy!
post Aug 25 2007, 11:35 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,349

I wrote the following script to ease the process of updating and building an OpenBSD/Zaurus system from source. In order to have an up to date installation you'll need to answer two yes/no questions and press ENTER twice. If you'd like to give it a try you can download it from here:

Openbsdupdate Script
Save Script As: openbsdupdate
Last Updated: 03 DEC 2007
Version: 0.3.1 <Added newaliases requirement>

NOTE 1: You might have to chmod +x openbsdupdate as "root" after downloading the script. To execute the script just ./openbsdupdate as "root"

The script must be ran as "root" and requires "root's" shell to be the default ksh. If you haven't changed "roots" shell then you should be fine. I also suggest running this script outside of X. I'll continue to add a few other features ( like auto-patching a few of iamsmiths patches ) to the script over time. If you find any bugs please let me know and I'll have them fixed ASAP.

NOTE 2: Don't ignore this message!

After the Zaurus reboots login as 'root' to continue the build process
Press ENTER to reboot!
Don't login as user "joeblow" and then su into "root." You must login as "root" to continue the build process after rebooting. (However, see NOTE 4 for those using NFS mount points.)

NOTE 3: It can take up to ten minutes for source syncing to begin.

NOTE 4: If your ports/src/xenocara sources are on NFS mounts then ensure they are mounted before running this script. Also, they must be remounted before logging in as "root" after the initial reboot. I suggest removing "noauto" from your /etc/fstab NFS mount points before running this script and adding it back after the update is complete. Otherwise, you'll need to login as any "non-root" user, su into "root", mount the NFS exports, logout, and relogin as "root".
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th November 2015 - 10:24 AM