OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> "hidden" Documents Menu, Problem with Cacko..
Harpalus
post Sep 21 2007, 01:50 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,673

I've had this problem as long as I can remember. However, for almost that long I've been using OpenBSD on my Zaurus (it's dual-boot), so when I recently started using Cacko again I noticed the annoyance and now I'm posting it here.

It seems that the "Documents" folder, ie /home/zaurus/Documents, is unaccessible to the Qtopia gui. I can't browse my files there under the 'Files' tab, when I'm changing wallpaper in Plasterer or the Appearance applications I can't browse there either. (I CAN change my wallpaper, but only if I manually type out the path myself. Read access to the files, but not the folders? They have the same permissions, though...)

It works fine in the console, though. I can browse there, whathaveyou...

My /home/zaurus/Documents folder is not a symlink anywhere else. The permissions are zaurus:qpe, and of course, 755 permissions set for the folder and all contents.

/home/root/Documents seems to link right back to /home/zaurus/Documents.

I am entirely unsure what it's supposed to be, or how I can allow my Qtopia applications access to this folder. It's not so big a deal for me - I'm much more of a console guy anyways...but as it currently stands I can't really use many of the Qtopia applications properly.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th December 2014 - 11:20 PM