OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Wifi Probs, No Connection, Hostap Not Loading (fixed), I think I have a stable connection now :)
Jon_J
post Oct 1 2007, 10:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,821

I use this wifi card: Ambicom WL1100C
I have 3 hostap packages installed along with wpa_supplicant 0.4.7-2
hostap-driver 0.4.7-3
hostapd 0.4.7-1
hostap-utils 0.4.7-1
I have set up wpa and my settings in wifi-radar and network settings as discussed in several threads here.
My wifi card just blinks awhile and won't connect to my wireless router in wifi-radar. I always get no IP address acquired in wifi-radar
CODE
root-:) lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by    Tainted: P
orinoco_cs              4296   0
hermes                  4960   0  [orinoco_cs]
orinoco                40492   0  [orinoco_cs]
mousedev                4544   1
rfcomm                 33556   0  (autoclean)
l2cap                  16384   2  (autoclean) [rfcomm]
bluez                  33188   1  (autoclean) [rfcomm l2cap]
pxa27x_bi              24828   0  (unused)
net_fd                 25192   0  (unused)
usbdcore               35464   0  [pxa27x_bi net_fd]
usbdmonitor             5456   0
usb-monitor             6440   0
sharp_mmcsd_m          41032   2
bvdd                   11104   0  (unused)

I struggled with this early this year when I first installed pdaxii13 with no results. Why does my card work so smoothly in Cacko and not pdaxii13?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Jon_J
post Oct 3 2007, 08:23 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 8,821

QUOTE(walkman @ Oct 3 2007, 10:52 AM) *
QUOTE(Jon_J @ Oct 3 2007, 05:22 PM) *
Here's what I did and my wifi connection seems to be working now, and works with WPA.
The wifi icon on the taskbar only shows one yellow square, (but it may be lying to me)

Obviously the number of squares it shows is related to the traffic you generate on the WiFi connection. Try downloading a file and it will get to full-red-line state.

As far as your whole problem with Orinoco: this happens also on plain install of pdaXrom r198. A simple solution to the whole thing is to simply uninstall the orinoco driver if you do not need it (but I guess you are happy with one card, right?). That made it for me. Quick and clean. Might help to others in some cases, instead of heavy editing of config files.

I thought I read somewhere that the colored squares below the wifi icon are related to signal strength.
(more squares signify stronger signal)
I just checked the related *.png icons and this is how they are labeled:
black = broken
red = no link-0
yellow (1 square) = signal-1-40
yellow (2 squares) = signal-41-60
green (3 squares) = signal-61-80
green (4 squares) = signal-81-100

I'm going to use just one card for now, since it seems to be working, I'll "leave it as is".
Another point I may bring up.
If I use wifi-radar launched in a console, it shows it is constantly scanning or doing something busy in the background.
This is why I prefer to just use the network settings app to connect to my AP, here at home.

+Quote Post
Meanie
post Oct 3 2007, 04:47 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,686

QUOTE(Jon_J @ Oct 4 2007, 02:23 AM) *
QUOTE(walkman @ Oct 3 2007, 10:52 AM) *
QUOTE(Jon_J @ Oct 3 2007, 05:22 PM) *
Here's what I did and my wifi connection seems to be working now, and works with WPA.
The wifi icon on the taskbar only shows one yellow square, (but it may be lying to me)

Obviously the number of squares it shows is related to the traffic you generate on the WiFi connection. Try downloading a file and it will get to full-red-line state.

As far as your whole problem with Orinoco: this happens also on plain install of pdaXrom r198. A simple solution to the whole thing is to simply uninstall the orinoco driver if you do not need it (but I guess you are happy with one card, right?). That made it for me. Quick and clean. Might help to others in some cases, instead of heavy editing of config files.

I thought I read somewhere that the colored squares below the wifi icon are related to signal strength.
(more squares signify stronger signal)
I just checked the related *.png icons and this is how they are labeled:
black = broken
red = no link-0
yellow (1 square) = signal-1-40
yellow (2 squares) = signal-41-60
green (3 squares) = signal-61-80
green (4 squares) = signal-81-100

I'm going to use just one card for now, since it seems to be working, I'll "leave it as is".
Another point I may bring up.
If I use wifi-radar launched in a console, it shows it is constantly scanning or doing something busy in the background.
This is why I prefer to just use the network settings app to connect to my AP, here at home.

you can quit wifi-radar once you are connected and can run it again to disconnect. it does not need to be running all the time...
and yeah, I build an improved network config tool but nobody ever tested it besides myself. glad you like it smile.gif

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th January 2015 - 08:18 PM