Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Beyond Zaurus, Hoping that day never comes
koan
post Oct 17 2007, 05:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,025

Hi Chaps,

Just thinking ahead here: I think we should combine the current two sections of the wiki, Zaurus FAQ and How to and add a new one for non-Zaurus things, like Kojinsha, Archos, iPaq/familiar, Tom Tom etc.

What do you think ?

If we can get some interlinking going we might find some useful stuff that can be back-ported to the Z anyway.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Meyer
post Oct 18 2007, 04:53 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 4,010

I agree that the current FAQ/How-to organization is not the most useful. I'd like to see index pages that make it easy to find articles related to specific hardware or ROMs as well as a more meaningful use of real estate on the main page.

Koan, if you have some ideas in this regard, I suggest you start by creating new index pages for us to see and discuss. We can replace the current index and main pages after we've had a chance to revise and compare.

+Quote Post
koan
post Oct 24 2007, 10:20 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,025

QUOTE(Meyer @ Oct 18 2007, 04:53 PM) *
Koan, if you have some ideas in this regard, I suggest you start by creating new index pages for us to see and discuss. We can replace the current index and main pages after we've had a chance to revise and compare.

If you look at my user page you can see my suggestion for how to layout the organisation of the Wiki, It's not really an index page. For the main index page, the first 2 levels of bullets could be shown; more or less detail as appropriate. Some of the pages don't exist yet, particularly "chapter headings" like for Zaurus-Hardware comparison.

Let me know what you think.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 12:40 PM