OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 2.6.22 Kernel And Libertas Module, This is supposed to support Marvel wifi cards. does it?
dlj0
post Oct 21 2007, 06:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,282

I have been trying to find a way to get my new Marvel wifi card working. I poked around and found out that this libertas kernel module is supposed to support it. But that module is not available with the "stock" titchy kernel.

So, someone who has switched to the 2.6.22 kernel, could you please check to see whether or not you have this module, or maybe download it (there is a debian version for 2.6.22-2) and see whether or not you can at least load the module.

If so, then I would need to know how to install said kernel. I seem to recall there is an updater.sh we can use; it may be just the Angstrom one, but a little guidance would be nice.

Of course, if someone who has this kernel actually also has this wifi card, and can test that out, that would be even better, but I don't imagine I'd be that lucky.

The card I actually have is a Sparklan WCFM-100 card, with the marvell 8385 chip.

I actually contacted them to see about drivers; but they only have source for 2.4 drivers, and no clue about 2.6 kernels, much less arm machines.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
zthird
post Apr 3 2009, 02:49 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,851

you might want to look here http://projects.linuxtogo.org/projects/marvell8385/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 08:20 AM