Total Votes: 17
Guests cannot vote 
Capn_Fish
post Oct 27 2007, 07:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,575

http://www.tyrannozaurus.com/?q=project/Celestial

A new environment created as a collaborative project between Antikx and I, based off of EvilWM (now hacked to support basic config files, the name is for irony) and Wbar. It is lightweight (EvilWM uses only 1.6% of the Z's RAM tops, about ~0.9 is the lowest I've seen, Wbar uses ~4%, but looks darn good, better on a dark desktop) and has a config tool that replaces many of the built-in ones (will replace the rest soon, for me at least smile.gif) as well as provides many other functions (config Wbar and EvilWM, system info, etc).

There is one known bug, and that is when you generate a .xinitrc file, it will mess up the border colors. You need to edit it so that instead of saying (null) it says a color.

Other bug reports, feature requests, suggestions, artwork, and anything else are welcome. If you do try it, please vote and post below with your experiences.

To get started, install the IPK from my feed (so you get the deps), then read the /usr/share/celestial-config/README, or just run celestialconfig in the terminal (Under your current WM!), kill X, and get going.

Note that this will work "out of the box," more or less, on Cxx00 machines running r198. Cxx0 machines may need some key re-mapping (see the readme for directions. A GUI will most likely be available later).

Please try it out. Questions/comments/requests/etc can be posted below or emailed to celestial@tyrannozaurus.com I'll get an IPK up at Ty soon, but you'll need to get the deps manually.

EDIT: Some screen shots.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
adf
post Oct 27 2007, 08:09 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 4,572

screenshot?

silkscreen & special key support?

pdaxii13 (.5 at least)?

Stuff tweaked for the Z by Z users is usually worth a look, thanks

+Quote Post
Capn_Fish
post Oct 27 2007, 08:13 PM
Post #3

Got the screenshots, I can probably do a PdaXii13 build with little trouble. The issue may be deps. I don't want to rebuild all of the image libs and stuff that it needs, but they're probably available. You need:

-png
-jpeg
-tiff
-gif
-FLTK
-Wbar
-EvilWM (customized)

EDIT: No silkscreen (pdaXrom doesn't have it wink.gif), no calendar/mail/etc, but you can use them in combo (may add them in later as their own thing).

EDIT2: Gave you a poll option.

+Quote Post
ThomasR
post Oct 27 2007, 08:46 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 17,265

Just one quick question before I give it a try. Should i intsall this from a freash install of r198 or install Meanie's SP8 and then install Celestial Environment?
Anyway looking forward to giving this a try looks pretty good from the screenshots smile.gif Thanks and keep up the good work wink.gif

+Quote Post
Capn_Fish
post Oct 28 2007, 06:41 AM
Post #5

You can install this at any time, even if you already have EvilWM installed (it won't mess it up).

Be sure to read the readme in /usr/share/celestial-environment/README before you begin (for best results wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Capn_Fish
post Oct 28 2007, 08:53 AM
Post #6

OK, the new plan for pdaXii13 is that I'll do my best to get the build done when all of the current features that are partially/wholly implemented are complete and bug-free. I figure those that are using ii13 now want stability and full functionality, so that's what I'll (hopefully) give them when their release comes.

Any complaints/comments/questions can be posted here, PMed to me, emailed to celestial@tyrannozaurus.com, or posted over there.

+Quote Post
Capn_Fish
post Oct 28 2007, 06:28 PM
Post #7

New release is out! Get it in my feed and at Ty soon!

+Quote Post
Capn_Fish
post Nov 1 2007, 11:47 AM
Post #8

Another release. A few bugfixes and usability tweaks, as well as a date and time setter.

Get it (or not smile.gif) at Ty or my feed.

+Quote Post
Capn_Fish
post Nov 6 2007, 12:30 PM
Post #9

Wow, that's a pretty overwhelming (well, relatively wink.gif) "Build it for pdaXii13!"

I'll do my best to get a build out soon (Celestilconfig/EvilWM and Wbar, and FLTK. You'll need to scrounge up the other deps.). Don't expect much more than the previous one, though. I haven't had much time to work on it.

+Quote Post
Lemuus
post Nov 7 2007, 11:16 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 10,508

hi,
it works on pdaxii13v2, except for some keymapping problems.

+Quote Post
Capn_Fish
post Nov 7 2007, 11:24 AM
Post #11

That's good to know. Has anybody running pdaXii13 v1 tried it? No sense doing a separate build if the existing one works.

Incidentally, how do you like it? Suggestions/comments/etc are wanted!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 04:29 AM