Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Images, Not currently working
koan
post Nov 22 2007, 07:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,025

@Meyer/tux:

Easier said than done, but: we need images working.

Is it possible to make a plan to investigate required fixes and get them working ?

thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Meyer
post Dec 9 2007, 11:46 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,010

Enabling Image Support Work Log

(This post is technical notes on the process of enabling image uploading and correcting the image gallery bug on OESF Wiki. I am recording it hear since a bug in our anti-spam software has me temporarily locked out of changing the wiki. I will transfer this information to the wiki once I am able to. I will update this post or its successor wiki page as I progress.)

1. Enabling File Upload

Relevant articles on MediaWiki and SiteGround.

Our LocalSettings.php sets only the pre-1.5 version parameter, $wgDisableUploads (to false, which would supposedly work if our wiki was still pre-1.5), so I comment-out that line and add a setting for the 1.5+ parameter:

CODE
$wgEnableUploads                = true;

Now I can open the the wiki upload page.

2. Ain't Misbehavin'

Filling-in and submitting the upload form returns the following HTTP error page, which I believe is generated by the Bad Behavior anti-spam extension and not by MediaWiki itself (this is not the same as the error previously reported by gaarder):

Error 403

We're sorry, but we could not fulfill your request for /index.php?title=Special:Upload on this server.

Your Internet Protocol address is listed on a blacklist of addresses involved in malicious or illegal activity. See the listing below for more details on specific blacklists and removal procedures.

Your technical support key is: cbd4-2c28-1366-73cd

You can use this key to fix this problem yourself.

If you are unable to fix the problem yourself, please contact michael.hubbard at gmail.com and be sure to provide the technical support key shown above.

The technical support key links to http://www.ioerror.us/bb2-support-key?key=...-2c28-1366-73cd:

Technical Support

Your request was intercepted by Bad Behavior, security software which protects the Web site you visited from malicious activity, such as hackers, spam and viruses. We apologize for the inconvenience, but your request matched a profile of suspicious activity. This problem is usually quite easy to fix.

Your request was blocked because of malicious automated requests received from your computer's IP address.

Your computer's IP address was determined to have recently sent spam or engaged in malicious activity as reported by a third-party monitoring service. This means your computer is most likely infected with viruses or other malicious software. See below for more information and removal instructions.

This problem may be caused by viruses or spyware on your computer, or by malicious software that pretends to be anti-virus or anti-spyware software. Ensure that you have REAL anti-virus and anti-spyware software on your computer, that they are kept up-to-date, and that you have run a full system scan using each tool. Once your system is cleaned of viruses and spyware, please try your request again.

The free Google Pack provides trustworthy anti-virus and anti-spyware software.

This may also occur with old versions of Bad Behavior. If you do not see any blacklist providers listed below, and you are the site administrator, try updating to the latest version of Bad Behavior.

Blacklist Reason(s):

If the above suggestions fail to resolve the problem, click Back and contact the e-mail address you were given for further assistance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
koan   Images   Nov 22 2007, 07:07 PM
tux   QUOTE(koan @ Nov 23 2007, 03:07 AM) @Meye...   Nov 23 2007, 02:34 AM
koan   QUOTE(tux @ Nov 23 2007, 02:34 AM) I will...   Nov 23 2007, 04:28 AM
Meyer   I will look into the problem over the weekend. Def...   Dec 5 2007, 10:45 AM
Meyer   I have enable image uploading, but have been unabl...   Dec 9 2007, 11:07 AM
Meyer   Enabling Image Support Work Log (This post is tec...   Dec 9 2007, 11:46 AM
tux   Well Meyer, I can't log in at the wiki.. I get...   Dec 9 2007, 01:15 PM
dz   I don't remember anyone of us stopping file up...   Dec 9 2007, 05:02 PM
Meyer   Directory images/ was user-writable, but not group...   Dec 9 2007, 09:50 PM
tux   Hi meyer. I tried logging in using Dillo and also...   Dec 10 2007, 02:37 AM
koan   I tried to login at work this morning (behind a pr...   Dec 10 2007, 04:42 AM
gaarder   I have some suggestions on Bad Behavior in here. ...   Dec 10 2007, 08:21 AM
dz   Heh, I'm no good with Wiki stuff but if I can ...   Dec 10 2007, 12:48 PM
gaarder   The reason why people are blocked from logging int...   Dec 11 2007, 02:20 AM
Meyer   Thanks, again, gaarder. That indeed was the cause ...   Dec 11 2007, 11:49 PM
koan   Excellent work, well done all. Some thumbnails ar...   Dec 12 2007, 01:11 AM
tux   QUOTE(koan @ Dec 12 2007, 09:11 AM) Excel...   Dec 12 2007, 01:52 AM
koan   @tux It was the image info page that has spam, no...   Dec 12 2007, 03:05 AM
tux   QUOTE(koan @ Dec 12 2007, 11:05 AM) @tux ...   Dec 12 2007, 09:14 AM
Meyer   Images without thumbnails in the uploaded file gal...   Dec 12 2007, 03:57 PM
koan   QUOTE(Meyer @ Dec 12 2007, 03:57 PM) Howe...   Dec 12 2007, 04:43 PM
Meyer   Thanks. Looks great.   Dec 12 2007, 06:20 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 06:21 AM