Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Images, Not currently working
koan
post Dec 12 2007, 01:11 AM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,025

Excellent work, well done all.

Some thumbnails are missing because they have the wrong MIME type. Something must have got screwed up.
For example, http://www.oesf.org/index.php?title=Image:Sl6000.png has type text/plain. Coincidentally, that image info page has SPAM embedded in it sad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tux
post Dec 12 2007, 01:52 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 346

QUOTE(koan @ Dec 12 2007, 09:11 AM) *
Excellent work, well done all.

Some thumbnails are missing because they have the wrong MIME type. Something must have got screwed up.
For example, http://www.oesf.org/index.php?title=Image:Sl6000.png has type text/plain. Coincidentally, that image info page has SPAM embedded in it sad.gif

cool.gif Thanks for the help gaarder, well done David! I've just despammed the image you're talking about koan. I haven't got time to check if the thumbnail is now OK: the bathwater is running!!! laugh.gif

Cheers

+Quote Post
koan
post Dec 12 2007, 03:05 AM
Post #18

@tux

It was the image info page that has spam, not the image. There are other images that are the wrong MIME type without spam on their info page, that don't have thumbnails.

+Quote Post
tux
post Dec 12 2007, 09:14 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 346

QUOTE(koan @ Dec 12 2007, 11:05 AM) *
@tux

It was the image info page that has spam, not the image. There are other images that are the wrong MIME type without spam on their info page, that don't have thumbnails.

cool.gif Thanks koan. I'll remember that next time. Do we have to download the 'wrong'file change the extension and reload them?Or is their a clever way of changing the type?

I'm afraid the bathwater is running as I post. laugh.gif There is no spare time when you retire. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Meyer
post Dec 12 2007, 03:57 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 4,010

Images without thumbnails in the uploaded file gallery are all PNG files with MIME type text/plain. All of these also have a malicious code warning displayed on their Image:... page. Perhaps the warning is triggered by the mismatch between file extension and MIME type.

Also, I was unable to upload new PNG files. The wiki would show the error page:

The file is corrupt or has an incorrect extension. Please check the file and upload again.

I found a relevant MediaWiki FAQ and added the suggested variable $wgMimeDetectorCommand to our LocalSettings.php.

I can now successfully upload PNG images, which also get a proper thumbnail in the upload gallery.

However, this has not helped the previously uploaded PNG images. So far, I have been unable to find an automated fix. If worse comes to worse, or if someone needs to use one of the older images soon, the older images can be downloaded and reuploaded and that should fix them.

+Quote Post
koan
post Dec 12 2007, 04:43 PM
Post #21

QUOTE(Meyer @ Dec 12 2007, 03:57 PM) *
However, this has not helped the previously uploaded PNG images. So far, I have been unable to find an automated fix. If worse comes to worse, or if someone needs to use one of the older images soon, the older images can be downloaded and reuploaded and that should fix them.

Done.

+Quote Post
Meyer
post Dec 12 2007, 06:20 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 4,010

Thanks. Looks great.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st August 2014 - 02:27 AM