Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hdd1 Error! After Following The Trisoft Restore Instructions
puckman
post Nov 30 2007, 12:22 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,998

Hi Guys.

I have followed the instructions from the TRISoft howto restore HD to the letter but still getting the dreaded HDD1 Error!!

Just to sum up, I wiped the drive, used fdisk to make 3 primary partitions, formated them as instructed, created .sys dir's on hda1 and hda2 and copied the files into them. Still getting a HDD1 Error!!

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Barotti
post Jul 4 2008, 07:44 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,012

Hi there,

The restoring instructions were very helpful to me, up to a certain point. One odd thing: In my "Spitz" hdc does not exist, but appears to be called hda... OK, so far so good, changing this made repartitioning work, but restoring the hdd image keeps me puzzled.

Executing the last line, starting with gzip -cd /mnt... , I get the error message "no such file or directory". Also here I found a filename difference between "c3000_hdd1.tar.gz" in the instructions and "c3000_hdd1.tar.tar" in the filename. However adapting the filename didn't change anything.
What am I doing wrong? I also tried the Trisoft hdd1 restore from the service menu, but at sector no. 250368 it stops with a read error.

So my C3000 is still dead. Any help is welcome!

Barotti
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 09:56 PM