Member No.: 21,065

I am about to buy the SL-C1000 off ebay tomorrow and it says it comes with:

Sharp Zaurus SL-C1000 - converted to English
UK AC Adapter
USB cable for connecting to your PC

Lithium ion battery
Comprehensive user guide
Original Japanese CDs

I live in the United States. The UK plugs are different then the US plugs right? (or am i mistaken).

So that means I won't be able to charge my C1000 or can I use my USB Cable to charge it when it's connected to my PC?

Thanks in advanced
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
fix3r
post Dec 14 2007, 03:47 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,065

Thanks for the info. You guys helped a lot.

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Dec 15 2007, 10:19 AM
Post #3

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

QUOTE(fix3r @ Dec 14 2007, 11:47 PM) *
Thanks for the info. You guys helped a lot.

glad to help, and welcome to the amazing world of the zaurus!

+Quote Post
Krazer
post Aug 8 2008, 01:41 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 22,166

Hi, anyone still on this post? You say i can use a PSP charger to charge my a Zaurus, is that so?
Its just it says its 2000mAh and the sharp is 1000mAh, i don't want to blow any fuses. Im only cautious as i broke my PSP with experimenting with other chargers.
-Thanks

+Quote Post
pwyll
post Aug 8 2008, 05:32 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 20,969

QUOTE(Krazer @ Aug 8 2008, 04:41 AM) *
Hi, anyone still on this post? You say i can use a PSP charger to charge my a Zaurus, is that so?
Its just it says its 2000mAh and the sharp is 1000mAh, i don't want to blow any fuses. Im only cautious as i broke my PSP with experimenting with other chargers.
-Thanks

Sharp also used to sell a 2000mAh charger, if that makes a difference. As far as the amps are concerned a higher rating doesn't matter because, as Deluxe says, amps is a measure of how much the unit draws; the charger will not supply more than the Zaurus draws, so a charger with a higher amperage rating *cannot* damage the Zaurus--as far as the *power* is concerned. A *lower* rating could possibly damage the Zaurus but a higher one cannot.

On the other hand, the charger *will* supply whatever voltage it supplies regardless of what the Zaurus wants, and since the Zaurus voltage seems to unregulated the power supply *has* to be. If the charger varies greatly during its cycle or spikes sharply as the load decreases (as Speculatrix mentioned), then that will almost definitely damage the Zaurus.

So "what matters" is *both* amperage and voltage--as long as the amperage is at least 1000mA and the voltage is regulated at 5 volts you will be fine.

I actually use a psp charger for my Zaurus almost exclusively *because* of the higher amperage rating--when it's plugged into the wall I'm usually running a high-powered wifi card, usb mouse and keyboard, and very often a memory stick of some kind, so I want the insurance for the extra power being used. Just for charging the battery, though, I have a psp cable with usb on one end and the charger plug on the other that stays connected to my computer and is used for both the psp and Zaurus depending on which needs to be charged at the time...

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 06:09 PM