OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Pdaxii13 5.4.9 Wifi Probs, help please!
danboid
post Dec 23 2007, 11:20 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,789

I've been away from pdaXii13 for some time now. My wifi card always works fine under Cacko and it also used to work no probs under earlier versions of pdaXii13 but it just blinks at me under 5.4.9.

I see that Jon_J and others with an Ambicom card got theirs working in this thread here:

http://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?showto...mp;#entry168420

but reading that thread hasn't solved my problem. Meanie says to uncomment everything but your own card from /etc/pcmcia/config but the problem for me is that my card isn't listed in that file. My wifi card is a Senao NL-2011CD, Prism2 chipset I think.

If I do an lsmod I can see that both hostap and hostap_cs are loaded- could this be the problem?

Also, how do I get full screen, bvdd video playback working? I noticed there is no bvdd module loaded and 'modprobe bvdd' fails

So would these problems be fixed if I upgraded to pdaXii2? Which is more stable and bug free, pdaXii13 5.4.9 or pdaXii2?

EDIT

X did something a bit weird (a big desktop switcher just appeared in top left corner of the screen) so I did a reboot. Tried playing a video again after a reboot and it played full screen OK, bvdd is loaded now! Yay! I was thinking my luck might be in but still no wifi sad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
danboid
post Dec 27 2007, 12:27 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,789

Hi Jon!

Thanks very much for the reply but unfortunately I'm not getting even as much as a blinking wifi light or any network modules being loaded sad.gif

Seeing as it was hermes.conf that worked for you and rgrep, I thought I'd try it too so I replaced /etc/pcmcia/hermes.conf with

CODE
device "hostap_cs"
class "hermes"
module "hostap", "hostap_cs"

card  "PLANEX COMMUNICATIONS INC."
version "PLANEX GW-CF11X Wireless CF Card"
manfid 0xd601, 0x0010
bind "hostap_cs"

And restarted the pcmcia service but it hasn't made any difference, I can worry about WPA when I've just got a simple unprotected connection working first.

Its very confusing that there's at least 3 different files which MIGHT be being used for configuring my wifi card. It would be great if somebody with working wifi under pdaXii13 could post copies of the relevant files so I can try them with my setup.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 07:09 AM