Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Angstrom 2007.12 Pcmcia Issue, Can't get my PCMCIA Wlan Card up and running
x75
post Jan 1 2008, 11:01 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,145

Hi there,

i just installed the new Angstrom x11 Image on my SimPad SLC. Works nice.
But i can't find a way to get my Wlan Card up and running. The card works, I used it under familiar before.

If I click on "PC/CF Cards" under Settings, I get an error message "PCMCIA initialisation failed No PCMCIA driver in '/proc/devices'"
If i open the "Root shell" and type in "pccardctl ident" it finds the card at Socket 0 and knows it's a function 6 (network) card.

What am I missing here? Can someone point me to a manual somewhere, that explains how to get the pcmcia card running under angstrom?

Thanks
Johannes
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
noha
post Jan 23 2008, 02:55 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,851

Hi,

I'm also stuck without networking. I have a pimped orinoco silver (now gold). But the modules are missing. I think it is still the orinoco_cs driver. That's the one I used in the 0.8.4 image.

Is there any estimation when this will be "fixed"? Otherwise I have to build an image on my own (and I hope all the stuff is in the oe repo).

regards,

Norbert

+Quote Post
mister_data
post Jan 24 2008, 02:29 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,257

QUOTE(noha @ Jan 23 2008, 11:55 PM) *
Hi,

I'm also stuck without networking. I have a pimped orinoco silver (now gold). But the modules are missing. I think it is still the orinoco_cs driver. That's the one I used in the 0.8.4 image.

Is there any estimation when this will be "fixed"? Otherwise I have to build an image on my own (and I hope all the stuff is in the oe repo).

regards,

Norbert

Hi,

there are only some options missing in current defconfig for SIMpad kernel 2.6.21 builds in oe.

This should change if the new defconfig is reviewed and checked in for SIMpad in oe.

orinoco_cs: Orinoco Gold (WEP) works great.

pcnet_cs: 16-bit ne2k-clones should work without any problems

But i had no success with "I-Gate" card (PRISM 1 based).
There is something wrong with init the card inside the pcmcia-subsystem.
-> pcmcia_socket0: time out after reset

And this has nothing to do with hostap_cs.

Short: new defconfig for SIMpad in oe -> autobuilder -> new image

Only for your information, kernel 2.6.24 could be the new default one in future.
Kernel 2.6.24-rc8 works great on my SIMpad. Opie ipc problems should be solved then.

Regards,

mrdata

+Quote Post
Master One
post Jan 27 2008, 04:16 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 13,912

Oh boy, that's bad. This matter should be handled with priority, because without PRISM1 wlan support, this image is completely useless. I tried two different cards, one Siemens I-GATE, and one Typhoon Speednet Wireless, both are not even recognized:
CODE
$ pccardctl status
Socket 0:
  no card
$ dmesg | grep cs
<3>cs: pcmcia_socket0: time out after reset.

What the actual status?

Has that problem already been fixed in any of the images in unstable/autobuild/simpad?

I was so excited, when I read about Angstrom finally being the default for the Simpad, but without net, I can not do anything with it. So back to v0.8.4 for now, till this issue has been solved. sad.gif

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th October 2014 - 05:46 AM