Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Iwconfig On Cortez's Poky Android Install, missing iwconfig
speculatrix
post Jan 15 2008, 03:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

I inserted my prism2 card and did modprobe hostap and modprobe hostap_cs, and voila, wlan0 and wifi0 interfaces appeared

I have set up /etc/network/interfaces but ifconfig wlan0 up doesn't result in anything and the iwconfig command is missing

Meanwhile I can't figure out how to install more packages, I have usb networking up so I have been able to wget. I can't ssh or scp though. Not sure what the package manager is... not ipkg, apt-get, rpm?

thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jpmatrix
post Jan 16 2008, 02:49 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,477

QUOTE(speculatrix @ Jan 16 2008, 12:59 AM) *
I inserted my prism2 card and did modprobe hostap and modprobe hostap_cs, and voila, wlan0 and wifi0 interfaces appeared

I have set up /etc/network/interfaces but ifconfig wlan0 up doesn't result in anything and the iwconfig command is missing

Meanwhile I can't figure out how to install more packages, I have usb networking up so I have been able to wget. I can't ssh or scp though. Not sure what the package manager is... not ipkg, apt-get, rpm?

thanks!

as it is named, cortez's rootfs is poky based so it should be ipkg with poky's feed i guess...

+Quote Post
cortez
post Jan 16 2008, 03:58 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,380

It is Poky based indeed, and it has ipkg as well as apt installed on default. I haven't checked if they work to be honest unsure.gif

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Jan 16 2008, 06:38 AM
Post #4

QUOTE(cortez @ Jan 16 2008, 11:58 AM) *
It is Poky based indeed, and it has ipkg as well as apt installed on default. I haven't checked if they work to be honest unsure.gif

hmm, well, I logged in as root and tried the commands; maybe the default path is wrong then, I'll try again; I'll admit I was doing it all rather late at night so I was quite tired.

+Quote Post
Dr_Unvisible
post Jan 16 2008, 10:31 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 8,401

QUOTE(speculatrix @ Jan 15 2008, 06:59 PM) *

I'm having the same issue with my prism2 card.

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Jan 16 2008, 10:46 AM
Post #6

I've now checked and there's no sign of ipkg or apt on the c3100 installed system, nor even dpkg so I couldn't install a package even if I copied it over via flash card; scp and ssh are missing so although I've got usb networking up, can't copy files over that way.

wpa_supplicant is missing, as is pccardctl.

special commendation for a lightweight distro, but maybe you went a bit *too* far biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
cortez
post Jan 16 2008, 01:25 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(speculatrix @ Jan 16 2008, 07:46 PM) *

I've now checked and there's no sign of ipkg or apt on the c3100 installed system, nor even dpkg so I couldn't install a package even if I copied it over via flash card; scp and ssh are missing so although I've got usb networking up, can't copy files over that way.

special commendation for a lightweight distro, but maybe you went a bit *too* far biggrin.gif

I guess you're right. A new Spitz image is in the making, this time including following additional packages:
update-modules, apt, ipkg, midnight commander, strace, altboot (I like it), wireless-tools, wpa-supplicant, pcmciautils
More on this later

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Jan 16 2008, 01:48 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(cortez @ Jan 16 2008, 09:25 PM) *

I guess you're right. A new Spitz image is in the making, this time including following additional packages:
update-modules, apt, ipkg, midnight commander, strace, altboot (I like it), wireless-tools, wpa-supplicant, pcmciautils
More on this later

ah, excellent, I was just about to start copying over files from a backup of an angstrom install (hey, if you're going to go bleeding edge, why not go just a bit further over the edge smile.gif )

+Quote Post
cortez
post Jan 17 2008, 11:27 AM
Post #9

QUOTE(speculatrix @ Jan 16 2008, 10:48 PM) *
QUOTE(cortez @ Jan 16 2008, 09:25 PM) *

More on this later

ah, excellent, I was just about to start copying over files from a backup of an angstrom install (hey, if you're going to go bleeding edge, why not go just a bit further over the edge smile.gif )

New Spitz image is coming up. Included are the packages mentioned in my previous post plus the changed key settings and the rotate applet from Android Zaurus.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2014 - 09:57 PM