Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Modding Power Button, Help me take it off
tinyrooster
post Feb 15 2008, 03:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,310

Hiya,

I have a SL-6000 that works great except it has a sticky power button. If I shut down using the OS, after a few minutes the screen will pop back awake because the power button hit something that made my Zaurus turn on. Once I've got it on and I'm using it, that power button might decide to stick again and turn the power off again. I would like to remove the power button so it doesn't interfere with using the software to turn the Zaurus on and off. Can anyone recommend how to do this, and if there are any safety issues?

Thanks,
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post May 13 2008, 11:47 PM
Post #2

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

QUOTE(tinyrooster @ Feb 16 2008, 12:52 AM) *
Hiya,

I have a SL-6000 that works great except it has a sticky power button. If I shut down using the OS, after a few minutes the screen will pop back awake because the power button hit something that made my Zaurus turn on. Once I've got it on and I'm using it, that power button might decide to stick again and turn the power off again. I would like to remove the power button so it doesn't interfere with using the software to turn the Zaurus on and off. Can anyone recommend how to do this, and if there are any safety issues?

Thanks,

I missed this the first time round.

the 6000 is pretty easy to disassemble, just needs a bit of care - take a look at my website. I would have thought you could open it up and fix the power button rather than remove it? Or maybe just shave a bit off it to make it more recessed?

good luck, let us know how you get on.

+Quote Post
Capn_Fish
post May 14 2008, 03:54 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,575

I've been tempted to do this on my C3100. All you need to to (on that model, at least) is take the bottom case off, then pull the little silver plastic button out. You could still hit the power switch with the stylus AFAICT.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 04:02 AM