IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Any Eee Pc Owners Here?
ZDevil
post Mar 1 2008, 03:32 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,882

I suppose the very first topic here is asking how many forum members have an Eee PC.

I am currently using a black 701 running eeeXubuntu r3 (Gutsy 7.10) as my main gadget. smile.gif
Despite the apparently a bit dated hardware specs, I am very satisfied with its performaces, thanks to the fast SSD.
The keyboard is just enough for touchtyping. And I have no big problems working with the 7" screen (e.g. with Swiftfox fullscreen addons).
Compiz Fusion runs very smoothly and surprisingly takes very little overhead (10MB or so of RAM, i guess).
Recently I've bought the PCI BT-MicroEDR2 USB, the smallest bluetooth USB dongle available (Brando seems to be selling a similar product, but I am not veyr sure). I will use the USB port for the time being, until I am comfortable enough/i can find someone to add an extra USB usb inside the machine and attach the dongle to it.

Really looking forward to the first release of Debian/EeePC. It's actually working mostly OOTB now, but I still want to wait for the few fixes before I migrate to that. Then I can have both my C3200 and my 701 run the same full-fledged distro. wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
harvell
post Mar 6 2008, 07:56 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,831

I'm a proud EeePc owner... well actually my wife is but I'm about to get myself a black one since I keep stealing it from her. laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 12:58 PM