IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Any Eee Pc Owners Here?
ZDevil
post Mar 1 2008, 03:32 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,882

I suppose the very first topic here is asking how many forum members have an Eee PC.

I am currently using a black 701 running eeeXubuntu r3 (Gutsy 7.10) as my main gadget. smile.gif
Despite the apparently a bit dated hardware specs, I am very satisfied with its performaces, thanks to the fast SSD.
The keyboard is just enough for touchtyping. And I have no big problems working with the 7" screen (e.g. with Swiftfox fullscreen addons).
Compiz Fusion runs very smoothly and surprisingly takes very little overhead (10MB or so of RAM, i guess).
Recently I've bought the PCI BT-MicroEDR2 USB, the smallest bluetooth USB dongle available (Brando seems to be selling a similar product, but I am not veyr sure). I will use the USB port for the time being, until I am comfortable enough/i can find someone to add an extra USB usb inside the machine and attach the dongle to it.

Really looking forward to the first release of Debian/EeePC. It's actually working mostly OOTB now, but I still want to wait for the few fixes before I migrate to that. Then I can have both my C3200 and my 701 run the same full-fledged distro. wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Snappy
post Mar 2 2008, 03:32 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 5,633

I got the eeepc as well. So far so good. smile.gif

+Quote Post
AmigaFalcon
post Mar 2 2008, 03:54 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 21,350

I'm waiting for ASUS to add an internal 20+GB HD and slightly higher res screen.

2GB internal storage on a laptop does not make sense to me, but it is just a matter of time before ASUS reel out the "enhanced versions" of the EEE PC. So just have to wait a little longer happy.gif

+Quote Post
henrysviper
post Mar 3 2008, 03:38 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,136

QUOTE(AmigaFalcon @ Mar 2 2008, 01:54 PM) *
I'm waiting for ASUS to add an internal 20+GB HD and slightly higher res screen.

2GB internal storage on a laptop does not make sense to me, but it is just a matter of time before ASUS reel out the "enhanced versions" of the EEE PC. So just have to wait a little longer happy.gif

I have already lost a laptop hard disk due to a bumpy train ride in Greece. Putting normal hard disks on computers that are supposed to be fully mobile is not a good idea. That is the reason older laptops had shock mounted hard drives (and the reason some laptops like the macbook have sudden motion sensors to park the hard drive heads).
Asus made the right choice on this one (well, maybe they could offer a choice but that would drive costs upwards).

Besides, the eeepc is not exactly a laptop. The role of an ultraportable is not to replace your main computer.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2014 - 12:24 AM