post Mar 6 2008, 12:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,882

http://www.pcw.co.uk/personal-computer-wor...hallenge-eee-pc

tongue.gif

I wish I was in Hannover now ...

A long shot in the wild. What counts here will be:

-- Screen resolution: the current 800x480 display on Eee PC will be the Achilles' heel for this line of product
-- Battery: 3 hours is the minimum
-- Price: US$500 or 550 at most
-- Wireless solutions: builtin bluetooth is a must, WiMax crowns the winner
-- No exotic design, PLEASE!

Other things like RAM, appearance, OS, USB ports, card readers are not as important, even though presumably they must be reasonable enough.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
ZDevil
post Mar 9 2008, 01:27 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,882

$600 is a crucial diving line of two different price ranges, not just to me, but also seems so for many other users.
The +$200 price hike won't justify only a bigger screen and a bit larger SSD, given that it is going to launch in Q3. Six months is long enough for yet another big surprise in this realm. As for the resolution issue, in fact the Windows users of the current EEE are already enjoying a high-res driver (the Linux users are still waiting ... sad.gif ). Most, i believe, don't really care about the disk size, because the Eee is used as a mobile machine rather than a main computer. Huge data can just be thrown to the ever-bigger&cheaper SDHC and USB sticks and slim mobile HDDs. The practical difference between 4GB and 12GB is not very obvious then. The higher-res webcam won't make any actual difference either. Instead many are looking forward to builtin bluetooth and/or WiMAX.
Or perhaps, like many Eee adopters, I am just a *poor* user who do not deserve to taste those (over-)one-thousand-dollar tiny sexy laptops.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2014 - 07:49 PM