Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ndis Install For C1000, No Japanese CD
Ragnorok
post Mar 10 2008, 09:18 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 781

- I've poked around here on OESF and it appears the way to get the NDIS driver installed for a C1000 is to use the original Japanese CD that came with it. I obsessive-compulsively retain every single bit of material for every device I've ever purchased, but since I moved last year I no longer have the faintest of clues where my Z's box might be (wry grin), and that's where'd I'd put something I rarely use, like the install disc.

- I'd like to re-install because I got a new laptop last July, and I haven't had any connection to my Z since then. The old one took a very sudden, mortal turn for the worst, so I can't even try to pick files and configuration from it.

- I was wondering if anyone could avail me of the NDIS drivers for a C1000 from their install disc? Or a link to download an image? I don't really care for anything but the NDIS driver, so my existing samba setup will allow me access the full device again. But if I get more than the driver I'm happy with that, too.

- I tried installing the Collie drivers, which I do have; I seem to recall when I got Hiroshi and sold Cricket, I didn't change anything. The SL-5500 drivers and suchlike worked perfectly with the C1000, which is why I tried installing them. But alas, they not only fail, but they introduce a two minute delay in boot-up that does not go away by uninstalling the drivers ... only a full restore from backup before the initial install corrected that issue. (little boy pout)

- Thanks for your time!...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stubear
post Mar 10 2008, 05:55 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,219

Google search and a few click gave me this link

http://trisoft.de/download/originalzauruscd_1000.zip

haven't tried it, but It looks to be what you are looking for

Cheers

Stu

+Quote Post
Ragnorok
post Apr 9 2008, 11:40 AM
Post #3

- Thanks Stubear! Naturally it never occurs to me to check out Trisoft, font of much information and useful things Zaurus. (wry grin) I snagged this and I'll give it a go...

+Quote Post
Ragnorok
post Apr 30 2008, 12:35 PM
Post #4

- Actually I didn't snag it; the web site says that object is blocked. Hints? Thanks!

+Quote Post
HoloVector
post Apr 30 2008, 06:28 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 9,420

It works for me. I'm downloading it in the background while I'm typing this. Maybe your firewall is preventing you from snagging it. huh.gif

+Quote Post
Ragnorok
post May 6 2008, 08:41 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(HoloVector @ May 1 2008, 02:28 AM) *
It works for me.
- Funny. Now it works! Maybe you just had to "loosen it up" HoloVector. Thanks! (grin)...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 01:33 AM