OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Usb Ethernet/wifi/thumbdrives With C3200, Some Questions....
ArchiMark
post Mar 18 2008, 08:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 208

OK, guys, go easy on ol' ArchiMark as I just got my new 3200 yesterday after selling my previous one a year ago....so no Z use for a long time....

Anyway, remembered that I had bought an iRiver PMP USB Host Adapter Cable before and would like to try using it with my Linksys USB200M v2.1 'ethernet stick' and also a USB thumbdrive and maybe a USB WiFi stick...

The thought is if I can do that, then I free up my CF card slot for additional storage and don't need to swap with ethernet or wifi cards, etc....

As I just got Z yesterday, still have Sharp ROM on it, but figure that will change soon....pdaXii probably or Debian????

Anyway, what should I do to get this working???

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Mark
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Jon_J
post Mar 18 2008, 09:38 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,821

QUOTE(ArchiMark @ Mar 18 2008, 11:32 PM) *
OK, guys, go easy on ol' ArchiMark as I just got my new 3200 yesterday after selling my previous one a year ago....so no Z use for a long time....

Anyway, remembered that I had bought an iRiver PMP USB Host Adapter Cable before and would like to try using it with my Linksys USB200M v2.1 'ethernet stick' and also a USB thumbdrive and maybe a USB WiFi stick...

The thought is if I can do that, then I free up my CF card slot for additional storage and don't need to swap with ethernet or wifi cards, etc....

As I just got Z yesterday, still have Sharp ROM on it, but figure that will change soon....pdaXii probably or Debian????

Anyway, what should I do to get this working???

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Mark

The USB thumb drive should work as a mass storage device. I have one that accepts SD cards, and it mounts automatically in Cacko and pdaxii13.
I don't know about USB wifi, which ones work/dont work. But I've read many times that USB wifi on a Zaurus needs a powered hub because of the low voltage at the USB port. I guess the radio needs more power than other USB peripherals.

Sorry to be bearer of bad news, but the ethernet dongle needs a "driver" (or is "module" the correct term?) from a 2.6 kernel.
I have the same one. Linksys USB200M ver 2.1
Look at this post in pdaxrom forum.
http://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?s=&...st&p=174469

I have the Belkin - F5D5050 USB 1.1 10/100 Ethernet Adapter that works out of the box in pdaxii13.
it's in the second pic.
I got it from Radioshack.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Linksys_USB200M.jpg ( 20.74K ) Number of downloads: 11
Attached File  Belkin_F5D5050_USB.jpg ( 31.39K ) Number of downloads: 18

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 01:23 PM