OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Mysterious New Zaurus-like Clamshell Device, anyone have any other info on this baby?
AmigaFalcon
post Apr 1 2008, 11:50 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,350

Well, I'm not one to obsess with the idea of new Zaurus "replacements". I purchased my Zaurus only a few weeks ago, fully aware that it was a discontinued product. I love my Z and it's in a league all of its own... . .

BUT, I'm definitely intrigued by this new thing that has just appeared on the JKKMobile Blogg. I have no idea who is manufacturing it or when it's due to arrive, but it looks very promising at first sight (well, from what you can see of it in the video).

Nice looking clamshell design. Now all I need to know is if the keyboard is any good and whether it will run Linux! wink.gif

If anyone comes across any further details on this, please post as I have not managed to find out anything else. Here is the original JKKMobile News post which includes a short YouTube video video of the device's presentation.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
amrein
post Apr 20 2008, 12:10 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,950

The size of the Zaurus but a full micro PC...
With Wifi, bluetooth, GPS, good battery life, high speed mobile network, a small camera (for conference call) and I won't resist to buy one.
With a sliding keyboard, I will have an heart attack : "No, Noooo.... My precious... Haaahhaaa...". wink.gif

+Quote Post
ZDevil
post Apr 20 2008, 01:44 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,882

QUOTE(amrein @ Apr 20 2008, 10:10 AM) *
The size of the Zaurus but a full micro PC...
With Wifi, bluetooth, GPS, good battery life, high speed mobile network, a small camera (for conference call) and I won't resist to buy one.
With a sliding keyboard, I will have an heart attack : "No, Noooo.... My precious... Haaahhaaa...". wink.gif

Then it really sounds like a HTC Universal ... wink.gif

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Apr 20 2008, 03:20 AM
Post #4

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

with Intel's recent love of Linux, this might be a a realistic hope for sonOfZaurus, or linux variant of the willcom d4.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th December 2014 - 12:01 AM