OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Used Zaurus, Password Unknown, Zaurus c860 with pdaXrom, need to reset user/password
zoomy
post Apr 13 2008, 03:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,624

Hi,

I have a customer who has given me a great challenge. He picked up a Zaurus c860 off eBay, but the seller doesn't remember the login. I have scoured the internet, and found the user's manual; from there I was able to perform the hard reset, but it still boots to a username/password prompt.

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks,
Tim.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
stupkid
post Apr 13 2008, 09:40 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,324

If you intend to use the device why not just re-load the ROM image? The only reason I can think to get around another person's security on a device would be to compromise their data.

+Quote Post
zoomy
post Apr 13 2008, 10:11 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 21,624

QUOTE(stupkid @ Apr 13 2008, 10:40 PM) *
If you intend to use the device why not just re-load the ROM image? The only reason I can think to get around another person's security on a device would be to compromise their data.

Thanks for your advice. I thought I was fairly clear about the circumstances; the device was sold to my client via eBay, and the seller had forgotten his login credentials, therefore the new owner is unable to use the device. Anyhow, how do you reload the ROM image?

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 04:34 PM