OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Used Zaurus, Password Unknown, Zaurus c860 with pdaXrom, need to reset user/password
zoomy
post Apr 13 2008, 03:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,624

Hi,

I have a customer who has given me a great challenge. He picked up a Zaurus c860 off eBay, but the seller doesn't remember the login. I have scoured the internet, and found the user's manual; from there I was able to perform the hard reset, but it still boots to a username/password prompt.

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks,
Tim.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
tux
post Apr 14 2008, 11:21 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 346

cool.gif There are all sorts of possible problems with flashing roms or restoring a nand image. Make sure that the CF card or SD card that you are using has FAT format (FAT16 for preference).

Here is a link to the 860 section on the Trisoft site, 860 restore. What you need are the nand files and to follow the correct procedure for getting into the diagnostic menu. (The backup/restore files might be useful for later insurance when you have the Z working.)

It is much easier to use the power up press OK method. You could use the Cacko roms for which you need the 860 files from either Speculatrix's site, Speculatrix Downloads or from this site Linuxtogo. biggrin.gif

Hope this helps. cool.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th November 2014 - 06:35 PM