IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> C1000,c3xxx Stereo In, Internal Mic, Wifi, Bt, ...from angstrom mailing list
speculatrix
post May 13 2008, 11:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

some discussion of hardware hacks came up on the angstrom user's mailing list* so I thought people here would be interested.

It began with an off-the-cuff remark by Stanislav Brebec about stereo audio input, I asked for more information. he explained that the Zaurus x000 series are capable of stereo sound input, it's just that Sharp decided to ground one of the inputs, here's the HOW-TO

http://lists.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/angst...May/001888.html

that message also goes on to discuss internal microphone, wifi and bluetooth - click on the "next message in thread" to see the follow-ons.

the hardware discussion then carries on in this thread:
http://lists.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/angst...May/001892.html

* I am not on the dev's list as I got fed up with the bitching
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Ragnorok
post May 15 2008, 03:13 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 781

- Speaking of of brave, the last time I tried messing with the insides of a low-power device, I fragged it. Had grounding wires on me, the iron, etc but zatched it none the less. Since then I've been really gun shy about doing things like, oh, dismantling and soldering away at my irreplaceable Hiroshi. (owlish stare)
- I would, however, very much like to put at least wifi inside. Are there any pointers on how one who's familiar with audio-grade soldering would go about messing with the the Z's innards and have some reasonable assurance that the first touch of the iron won't end in tears?
- BTW I'm typing this on Hiro and these letters are tiny...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th December 2014 - 08:25 PM