OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Battery Mod For Sl-6000l Model, What do you electronics experts think?
the_oak
post Jul 16 2008, 05:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,794

I have both a 6000L and C1000 Zaurus, and was checking the battery output with a multimeter. Both batteries seem to have the same 3.7 volt output. Both batteries have 3 contacts, and voltage between the outside contacts are the same. And there is no voltage between the middle contact and either side (probably the middle contact is for charging [?] the battery). So I was thinking about fabricating a battery case that fits the 6000's battery compartment (except it will stick out about a 1/4" from the back to accomodate the thicker battery in the C1000). Then I propose to make some copper or brass contacts that are soldered to wires and to contacts on the other end. Then put the EA-BL08 battery in this box, with the contacts polarity matched up properly, and see if the 6000 can use the C1000's battery.

If it can, then I will have a 2000 mAh battery in the 6000 instead of a 1500 mAh battery. Also EA-BL08 batteries can be purchased much more cheaply than EA-BL09s.

The only thing I am not sure about is that the EA-BL09 says it is lithium polymer at the top, and lithium ion at the bottom of the same battery. (Not sure how it can be both?) The EA-BL08 is just labeled lithium ion.

Those of you who know about electronics see any obvious flaws with this plan? This shouldn't blow up my Zaurus should it?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Capn_Fish
post Jul 17 2008, 08:28 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,575

No, I don't think so...I was more thinking of using that as a semi-external battery (keep the internal one, have this one attached with a switch to activate it acting as a charger. You probably need 5v for that, though...).

My idea was muddled/flawed (it was late last night), I guess.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th December 2014 - 10:04 PM