OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Music Notation Software For Zaurus?, Could anyone compile something like this?
Barotti
post Jul 17 2008, 11:34 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,012

I have been searching all the web for musician reladed software for my Z. (SL-C3000) It would be so nice putting little ideas to it while traveling by train or waiting in the dressing room...

Could anyone have a look at small apps like: NoteEdit, MuseScore or anything else that preferrably exports MusicXML files? Simple sound support would be even better. I am very attached to the easy PIM syncing under Sharp/Cacko Qtopia, so another distro is not my first option.

A complete list of notation related software can be found here: http://sound.condorow.net/notation.html

Thanxxx, Barotti
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Barotti
post Jul 20 2008, 10:43 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,012

OK, to be more specific: NoteEdit seems to be rather suitable, since it is Qt/KDE based. I am a Linux-zero, so that might be already a nonsense statement I leave to the experts to judge. It is a very good and stable package, however it won't be continued for long as it will be followed by "Canorus", which is still in an expirimental stadium. I don't know if a program like NoteEdit can be ported to the Zaurus, but who wants to make a try?

A much smaller example is: 'gcomposer'. Could that be transformed to a 'Zcomposer'? I don't need an extended music notation program on my Z (I have my PC for that) but writing down little ideas, play them back with a simple soundset and export them to midi or MusicXML would be great!

And indeed: are there more Z-musicians out there?? I found a guitar tuner 'Powerchord' and a tuner-metronome 'qMusician' 'but they both seem to be abandoned by their parents mad.gif

And now we are talking music, there's one more wish: a small piano keyboard on the Zaurus touch screen!

Ciao, and a song to all of you tongue.gif
Bas
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 03:02 PM