OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Sd/mmc Mod Process, i'm going to try it...
d2a
post Aug 12 2008, 02:14 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,175

So i'd like to try adding space via the SD/MMC mod. having read the various wiki entries and forum posts, if i understand correctly, I need:
  1. SD card
  2. cheap SD -> USB adapter (optional?)
  3. ribbon cable 0.5mm pitch 20 pin ?
  4. adapter - this? or this?
  5. wire and assorted soldering bits and bobs

I'm happy dismantling the Simpad, and am competent at soldering small components. Is this all I need, or am I missing something?

Secondly, does anyone know a UK firm that has the ribbon cable components? alternatively, would someone be wiling to order the parts on my behalf, and then post them to the uk? the lc-design site did not seem to offer international sales.

Thirdly, what is the most recent recommended bluetooth module? I am less interested initially in this mod, but would probably try it if there was a cheap module.

Thanks in advance for any help
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
d2a
post Aug 13 2008, 01:17 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 22,175

So...

did some digging on my own for parts in the UK

digikey have ribbon cables: part number WM10218-ND is a 0.5mm pitch 20 position ribbon cable - 2.56
or farnell stock a similar cable part number 1519830 - 1.05
no sign of a suitable adapter in the UK yet - this sounds like a good fit but no idea if i could buy just one - i'll check. EDIT: turns out i can buy this singly. quote from quadrangle - RT-700G-20-DIS 1-24 $34.95 ea. 3-5 day lead time

there's this pcb which would make an adapter if i could get an fpc connector soldered onto it...

+Quote Post
mr_nice
post Aug 13 2008, 04:41 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,161

I can order the parts for you in germany and send them to uk for you if you like. But I did not do the mod myself. So I can not help you with the other questions. I will do my mod in a few weeks or month (I already own all parts from a donation).

Please note everything you wonder about the howtos and report/change the stuff so that the wiki gets better smile.gif.

best regards
mr nice

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2014 - 01:50 AM