IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> C3000 Dis/reassembly
puffy
post Sep 27 2008, 08:28 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,762

I needed to take apart and remove the board from a Zaurus C3000 to solder something. There is a copper foil piece .003 inch thick and about 1/4 inch wide soldered to the board and somehow attached to the body next to the three wire battery terminals.
This I just pulled from the body and it slid out, allowing me to remove the board, flip it and solder the stuff I needed to.
Now, idiot me doesn't know how to replace this foil to the body. And lacking a schematic, or pictures that show the foil piece attached I'm kinda screwed.
Anyone either know what I'm talking about, or maybe know of pics or schematics I can use to un-screw up this operation?
Thanks.

Emile
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
tux
post Sep 27 2008, 09:23 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 346

QUOTE(puffy @ Sep 27 2008, 05:28 PM) *
I needed to take apart and remove the board from a Zaurus C3000 to solder something. There is a copper foil piece .003 inch thick and about 1/4 inch wide soldered to the board and somehow attached to the body next to the three wire battery terminals.
This I just pulled from the body and it slid out, allowing me to remove the board, flip it and solder the stuff I needed to.
Now, idiot me doesn't know how to replace this foil to the body. And lacking a schematic, or pictures that show the foil piece attached I'm kinda screwed.
Anyone either know what I'm talking about, or maybe know of pics or schematics I can use to un-screw up this operation?
Thanks.

Emile

cool.gif Try this link:Iamasmiths's photos. There are many posts about this sort of thing but this post shows photos of the 3000 in disassembly with some good explanations. Hope it helps. biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 07:41 PM