OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Raon Digital Everun Note Or The Libretto 2.0?
teh.sean
post Oct 15 2008, 02:48 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,673

Well guys, this is as close as it gets to a Z killer for me. I've been (and still am) an avid Toshiba Libretto user for the past few years. The 50CT, 70CT and an imported M3 got me by in an 8'' x 4.5'' 1'' form factor that was easily touch type for even my large hands.

Everun Review from UMPCPortal

Last month RAON released the Everun Note. In a very similar form factor (a cm shorter and a cm taller) it boasts the following:
2 USB ports
1 USB mini B port (for use as a hard drive: you can actually plug this laptop into another PC and it shows up as a portable HD)
Wifi
Bluetooth
SD card slot
USIM card slot (currently there isn't a 3G /HDSPA receiver in the laptop, though the pads are there!)
PCIe slot
60 GB HD
1GB ram
Dual Core AMD 1.2Ghz proc (which is faster than it sounds; this is leaps better than the current net book stuff)
ATI something or another beefy GFX card, I can't remember

At any rate, it's something I can touchtype on again that is pretty dang small.
The ups are size and power, the downs are the funny mouse and battery life (a pale 2.5 hrs), but for Libretto lovers, I think this is the next thing. Check it out and discuss.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
teh.sean
post Oct 22 2008, 08:30 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 21,673

Dynamism has an extended battery that gives about double the battery span I believe. It extends the base of the unit a little bit; it comes with foot 'extensions' to make up for this.

Also, now that I got mine in, I must say that this laptop runs very hot. I think I may have a faulty power supply, but I've seen cpu temps of 90 degC and hard drive temps over 65 degC on my unit, after just 15 minutes of a stress test. Just something else to consider. Size wise, it is sooooo impressive. The only problem I have is that since it is white, people are constantly asking, "Is that the new Mac?" The optical mouse is quite odd, and takes some time to get used to. Other than that, if anything would replace the Zaurus for me, it would be this. . . My eyes just aren't as good with the small screen. The Zaurus replaced my PSP for classic video game emulation, and now this thing is replacing the Z. . . The life of tech toys.

+Quote Post
relapse808
post Oct 29 2008, 04:04 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 10,881

I got my Everun note yesterday and I must say that I like it a lot. It is really powerful for what it is. I just need the extended battery because the stock on sucks.

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Oct 31 2008, 04:39 AM
Post #4

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

QUOTE(relapse808 @ Oct 30 2008, 12:04 AM) *
I got my Everun note yesterday and I must say that I like it a lot. It is really powerful for what it is. I just need the extended battery because the stock on sucks.

how about heat dissipation - previous poster said his got very hot!

+Quote Post
relapse808
post Oct 31 2008, 10:09 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 10,881

QUOTE(speculatrix @ Oct 31 2008, 05:39 AM) *
QUOTE(relapse808 @ Oct 30 2008, 12:04 AM) *

how about heat dissipation - previous poster said his got very hot!

Ill have to get back to you on this. Mine got so hot that its defective. I had to send it back for a return. After about 10 min of hard use the screen started artifacting like mad and then just went to a black screen with lines flashing all over it. Hopefully I will have my replacement soon so I can test again.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 07:49 AM