OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Raon Digital Everun Note Or The Libretto 2.0?
teh.sean
post Oct 15 2008, 02:48 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,673

Well guys, this is as close as it gets to a Z killer for me. I've been (and still am) an avid Toshiba Libretto user for the past few years. The 50CT, 70CT and an imported M3 got me by in an 8'' x 4.5'' 1'' form factor that was easily touch type for even my large hands.

Everun Review from UMPCPortal

Last month RAON released the Everun Note. In a very similar form factor (a cm shorter and a cm taller) it boasts the following:
2 USB ports
1 USB mini B port (for use as a hard drive: you can actually plug this laptop into another PC and it shows up as a portable HD)
Wifi
Bluetooth
SD card slot
USIM card slot (currently there isn't a 3G /HDSPA receiver in the laptop, though the pads are there!)
PCIe slot
60 GB HD
1GB ram
Dual Core AMD 1.2Ghz proc (which is faster than it sounds; this is leaps better than the current net book stuff)
ATI something or another beefy GFX card, I can't remember

At any rate, it's something I can touchtype on again that is pretty dang small.
The ups are size and power, the downs are the funny mouse and battery life (a pale 2.5 hrs), but for Libretto lovers, I think this is the next thing. Check it out and discuss.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
teh.sean
post Mar 17 2009, 05:46 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,673

Fast forward on the NOTE: Build quality on these units is not that good. I owned two, one of them is plagued with little issues here and there. I had a power supply that died on me after VERY LIGHT use. The webcam stopped working. It seems like there are lots of stories from other users like this.

The Fujitsu u810's kb has arrows keys accessible by pressing the FUNCTION BUTTON. Tab is FN+SPACE. That was what made me not like the machine.

As it stands right now, I need to send in the NOTE for repair under warranty, so I'll be using the Z more anyways!

And Linux support on the NOTE is not that good. Actually, it's pretty much driven by the community. I don't think RAON has made any attempts to push this.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th October 2014 - 10:19 PM