IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Adios
dlj0
post Oct 19 2008, 08:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,282

Well, I have to say it has been an adventure. I got my first Zaurus, a 5500, in maybe 2004, and my 3100 in 2006. I had been using them fairly regularly as my only portable machine.

The crunch came last Spring (well, January, actually), when I went on sabbatical to Spain. My Zaurus 3100 was my only computer for this trip. I had thought that I'd have a computer in my office (at the University of Valencia), and I did, but it was not reliable, and did not have the software I wanted, so I usually just used my Z. Aside from e-mail, banking, and usual web stuff, I used it two write 2 papers and several lectures.

By the time I was back in the US, I was somewhat fried with the small screen and small keyboard, and with the limited software (especially internet software and mathematical software), so I got an eeepc. I immediately stopped using the Z, and have been much happier with the physical setup of the eee (701) as well as software availability.

So, I have sold my Zauri, and am checking out of this community.

I have to say you guys have been great in terms of support and development for the Zaurus; truly selfless devotion of hundreds of hours to development of installation packages, special programs and scripts, custom kernels, and a huge amount of bug-chasing and hardware adaptation. It has been great. The development of software for these machines has really made great strides, and I have used nearly all of the various available systems, from the stock ROM through debian-eabi.

So, thanks for all the help, and good-bye. Keep up the good work.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
dlj0   Adios   Oct 19 2008, 08:15 PM
speculatrix   sorry to hear you're off. if you have useful d...   Oct 20 2008, 02:50 PM
dlj0   QUOTE(speculatrix @ Oct 20 2008, 06:50 PM...   Oct 28 2008, 12:59 PM
speculatrix   Hi, sorry for delay in responding. I think we...   Nov 5 2008, 02:46 PM
dlj0   QUOTE(speculatrix @ Nov 5 2008, 06:46 PM)...   Nov 17 2008, 11:45 AM
speculatrix   TYVM!   Nov 17 2008, 03:44 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2014 - 09:35 AM