OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Network Doesn't Resume Properly, old problem, ever a solution?
xamindar
post Nov 17 2008, 02:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,368

I have always had a small problem on my C3100 where if you suspend the zaurus while connected to wifi the connection will not work when unsuspended again.

For example; i'll connect to my AP, everything works fine. Then I suspend the zaurus and then turn it back on the wifi card is still "on" as if it is connected but I can't ping anything any more. I have to then disconnect it and reconnect it to get it to work again.

Anyone ever find a solution to this issue? My old 5600 would always work just fine this way.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
speculatrix
post Nov 17 2008, 03:46 PM
Post #2

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

I know there was a problem with Cacko, that was fixable, I presume this was a hang-over then from Sharp.

You had to fiddle with the suspend/resume scripts in /etc/pcmcia if I recall correctly. sorry, can't be too sure, I'm not running Cacko.

+Quote Post
xamindar
post Nov 18 2008, 09:33 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,368

QUOTE(speculatrix @ Nov 17 2008, 03:46 PM) *
I know there was a problem with Cacko, that was fixable, I presume this was a hang-over then from Sharp.

You had to fiddle with the suspend/resume scripts in /etc/pcmcia if I recall correctly. sorry, can't be too sure, I'm not running Cacko.

So you had to fiddle with the suspend/resume scripts in the sharp rom as well? I'm not running cacko either as I found it's network stuff to be even worse. I guess I'll do some more searching. I find it baffling if I am the only one with this issue and that Sharp never released a patch. I wonder if it is some hardware fault that my zaurus has always had or something.

+Quote Post
craigtyson
post Nov 19 2008, 04:30 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,698

QUOTE(xamindar @ Nov 19 2008, 05:33 AM) *
QUOTE(speculatrix @ Nov 17 2008, 03:46 PM) *

So you had to fiddle with the suspend/resume scripts in the sharp rom as well? I'm not running cacko either as I found it's network stuff to be even worse. I guess I'll do some more searching. I find it baffling if I am the only one with this issue and that Sharp never released a patch. I wonder if it is some hardware fault that my zaurus has always had or something.

Only "Fix" I found was to unplug the WIFI card, plug it back in and reconnect.

Im guessing a scriupt could be put together to do this though.

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Nov 19 2008, 10:49 AM
Post #5

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

clarification: no, I fiddled with cacko scripts only, I never ran Sharp rom at all.

you don't need to pull the card, just do "cardctl eject 1" and "cardctl insert 1"... I created an alias "cei cardctl eject 1 ; sleep 3 ; cardctl insert 1".

be sure to use card 0 or 1 as the CF slot, not the internal hard drive, otherwise it gets a bit upset wink.gif

+Quote Post
teh.sean
post Feb 11 2009, 11:12 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 21,673

QUOTE(speculatrix @ Nov 19 2008, 01:49 PM) *

clarification: no, I fiddled with cacko scripts only, I never ran Sharp rom at all.

you don't need to pull the card, just do "cardctl eject 1" and "cardctl insert 1"... I created an alias "cei cardctl eject 1 ; sleep 3 ; cardctl insert 1".

be sure to use card 0 or 1 as the CF slot, not the internal hard drive, otherwise it gets a bit upset wink.gif

At one point I thought there was a 'cleaner' fix for this somewhere on the forums. I seem to recall a one liner going into the etc/pcmcia folder somwhere. I reflashed CACKO today, and this is now relevant to my interests. Anyone else remember anything like that?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 08:42 AM