Jon_J
post Jan 1 2009, 04:32 PM
Post #76

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,821

found them here:
/etc/apt/sources.list
CODE
deb http://repository.handhelds.org/hasty-armv5el-vfp/ hasty main universe multiverse
deb-src http://repository.handhelds.org/hasty-armv5el-vfp/ hasty main universe multiverse
deb-src http://repository.handhelds.org/hasty-source/ hasty main universe multiverse
deb-src http://repository.handhelds.org/ubuntu/ hardy main universe multiverse

wifi-radar is here:
CODE
http://repository.handhelds.org/hasty-armv5el/pool/universe/w/

Edit:
How can I fix the mouse navigation? it is reversed. I can use my USB mouse to access right-clicks. The stylus and touchscreen don't have right-click.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Wildherb
post Jan 1 2009, 04:51 PM
Post #77

Member No.: 8,887

QUOTE(Jon_J @ Jan 2 2009, 12:32 AM) *
found them here:
/etc/apt/sources.list
CODE
deb http://repository.handhelds.org/hasty-armv5el-vfp/ hasty main universe multiverse
deb-src http://repository.handhelds.org/hasty-armv5el-vfp/ hasty main universe multiverse
deb-src http://repository.handhelds.org/hasty-source/ hasty main universe multiverse
deb-src http://repository.handhelds.org/ubuntu/ hardy main universe multiverse

wifi-radar is here:
CODE
http://repository.handhelds.org/hasty-armv5el/pool/universe/w/

Edit:
How can I fix the mouse navigation? it is reversed. I can use my USB mouse to access right-clicks. The stylus and touchscreen don't have right-click.

Ah, of course! no need for google - the answer was right in front of me if only I had engaged my brain to look for it!

I'll try this tomorrow.

Kind regards.

+Quote Post
dinorex
post Jan 1 2009, 05:25 PM
Post #78

Member No.: 9,186

so far i've tried to make it run in the MD. However, if this can be installed in NAND instead of using the MD as the based system (say like pdaX), the performance should be much better since the loading speed is quite slow - for heavy disk activities are involved on loading from MD).

Please advise whether there is a guideline for that turns to reality. Thx.

+Quote Post
pasteur
post Jan 1 2009, 06:14 PM
Post #79

Member No.: 10,595

Hi. Thanks for working on this great distro for zaurus. :-)
I have properly installed zubuntu kernel and rootfs on my c1000.
Unfortunately, It seems to can't recognize CF devices like wireless lan card and CF memory.
After inserting CF memory card, I typed 'cd /dev' and 'ls'. I looked for device hdx but I couldn't find one.

I want to get my CF device working on c1000.
Thanks for reading this. Happy new year!

+Quote Post
Capn_Fish
post Jan 1 2009, 07:16 PM
Post #80

Member No.: 10,575

QUOTE(dinorex @ Jan 1 2009, 07:25 PM) *
so far i've tried to make it run in the MD. However, if this can be installed in NAND instead of using the MD as the based system (say like pdaX), the performance should be much better since the loading speed is quite slow - for heavy disk activities are involved on loading from MD).

Please advise whether there is a guideline for that turns to reality. Thx.

That's not necessarily the issue. Angstrom runs off of the MD, but it doesn't take forever to load. I'm guessing it has more to do with Ubuntu being a distro not optimized for disk usage or something instead.

+Quote Post
scheck.r
post Jan 2 2009, 06:02 AM
Post #81

Member No.: 5,776

Edit:

On my C1000, I get right -click with the stylus using CTRL+Tap

Cheers

+Quote Post
cortez
post Jan 2 2009, 07:37 AM
Post #82

Member No.: 2,380

QUOTE(pasteur @ Jan 2 2009, 03:14 AM) *
Unfortunately, It seems to can't recognize CF devices like wireless lan card and CF memory.
After inserting CF memory card, I typed 'cd /dev' and 'ls'. I looked for device hdx but I couldn't find one.

Have you tried running modprobe pxa2xx_cs?
Loading this kernel module should get your CF cards working. Add pxa2xx_cs to the file /etc/modules to automatically load this module on next reboot.

+Quote Post
Jon_J
post Jan 2 2009, 08:10 AM
Post #83

QUOTE(scheck.r @ Jan 2 2009, 08:02 AM) *
Edit:

Cheers

It is setup in xbindkeys-config, but for some reason its not working. I haven't tried editing it, this is the setting:
Right Miouse Click Control + b:1 (mouse) xte 'mouseclick 3'

+Quote Post
Wildherb
post Jan 2 2009, 09:43 AM
Post #84

Cortez, I dont have a module pxa2xx_cs. Modprobe cant recognise it, nor can I locate it with find.
I'm using a C3000.

Any thoughts?

+Quote Post
cortez
post Jan 2 2009, 10:09 AM
Post #85

QUOTE(Jon_J @ Jan 2 2009, 05:10 PM) *
Edit:

Cheers

It is setup in xbindkeys-config, but for some reason its not working. I haven't tried editing it, this is the setting:

Please start xbindkeys-config from a terminal, select the "Right Mouse Click" item, click the "Run action" button and see if there's an error displayed in the terminal window

+Quote Post
cortez
post Jan 2 2009, 10:13 AM
Post #86

QUOTE(Wildherb @ Jan 2 2009, 06:43 PM) *
Cortez, I dont have a module pxa2xx_cs. Modprobe cant recognise it, nor can I locate it with find.
I'm using a C3000.

Any thoughts?

For the C3000 using the latest Spitz kernel pxa2xx_cs is compiled into the kernel already, so you won't have to load it manually. Please insert a CF card and check dmesg | tail to see what's going on

+Quote Post
scheck.r
post Jan 2 2009, 10:29 AM
Post #87

Member No.: 5,776

QUOTE(cortez @ Jan 2 2009, 07:09 PM) *
QUOTE(Jon_J @ Jan 2 2009, 05:10 PM) *
Edit:

Cheers

Please start xbindkeys-config from a terminal, select the "Right Mouse Click" item, click the "Run action" button and see if there's an error displayed in the terminal window

Using xbindkeys-config I could change Right-click settings to read:
Name: Right Mouse Click
Key: Mod4 + b:1 (mouse)
Action: xte 'mouseclick 3'

which is Fn + Tap though Control + Tap worked also before changing the settings.

Thanks

+Quote Post
Jon_J
post Jan 2 2009, 10:43 AM
Post #88

I get nothing in the console when I use "Run action" with "Right Mouse Click" in xbindkeys-config.
I also tried scheck.r's modification:
Name: Right Mouse Click
Key: Mod4 + b:1 (mouse)
Action: xte 'mouseclick 3'

Then I selected it and hit "Run action"
No output in the console
I didn't save this, I want to leave it as is until I can figure out what is wrong.

I get these two errors when starting from a fresh reboot:

1. before I input "root", I get:
Zubuntu login: Can't open display :0
Then I input "root"

2. Then once I "startx", I get this error in a popup dialog on the desktop: (It takes awhile for this error to appear)
Unable to establish connection with FAM. Do you have "FAM" or "Gamin" installed and running?

Edit:
Unrelated to the above, I noticed since I used the latest spitz upgrade, I have two module directories.

/lib/modules/2.6.26-omegamoon
and
/lib/modules/2.6.26-omegamoon-spitz

This post has been edited by Jon_J: Jan 2 2009, 10:49 AM

+Quote Post
cortez
post Jan 2 2009, 12:24 PM
Post #89

QUOTE(Jon_J @ Jan 2 2009, 07:43 PM) *
1. before I input "root", I get:
Zubuntu login: Can't open display :0

Replace /etc/zaurusd/scripts/zaurus-hinge with the file attached to resolve this (rename the file to zaurus-hinge, so remove the .txt extension)

2. Then once I "startx", I get this error in a popup dialog on the desktop: (It takes awhile for this error to appear)
Unable to establish connection with FAM. Do you have "FAM" or "Gamin" installed and running?

I see this occasionally, but exit and restart of X11 resolves this.

Unrelated to the above, I noticed since I used the latest spitz upgrade, I have two module directories.
/lib/modules/2.6.26-omegamoon
and
/lib/modules/2.6.26-omegamoon-spitz

Please remove the /lib/modules/2.6.26-omegamoon directory. These are the modules from the previous kernel.
Attached File  zaurus_hinge.txt ( 638bytes ) Number of downloads: 38

+Quote Post
Wildherb
post Jan 2 2009, 12:29 PM
Post #90

QUOTE(cortez @ Jan 2 2009, 06:13 PM) *
QUOTE(Wildherb @ Jan 2 2009, 06:43 PM) *
I'm using a C3000.

Any thoughts?

For the C3000 using the latest Spitz kernel pxa2xx_cs is compiled into the kernel already, so you won't have to load it manually. Please insert a CF card and check dmesg | tail to see what's going on

here it is - not what I was expecting to see!

CODE
#dmesg |tail
sharpsl-pm sharpsl.pm Fatal Batt Error! Suspending
PM: Syncing filesystems ... done
Freezing user space processes ... (elapsed 0.00 seconds) done
Freezing remaining freezable tasks ... (elapsed 0.00 seconds) done
Suspending console(s)
wakeup: PEDR: 800000000, PKSRL 0, HP_IN: 100000. AK_INTL 2000
wakeup: PEDR: 1, PKSRL 0, HP_IN: 100000. AK_INTL 2000
restarting tasks ... done

so I rebooted and ran it again. by the way, all error messages are typed by hand so apolgies if any tying errors have crept in.

CODE
#dmesg |tail
snd: version magic '2.6.26-omegamoon preempt mod_unload ARMv5 ' should be '2.6.26-omegamoon-akita preempt mod_unload ARMv5'
snd_timer: version magic '2.6.26-omegamoon preempt mod_unload ARMv5 ' should be '2.6.26-omegamoon-akita preempt mod_unload ARMv5'
snd_pcm: version magic '2.6.26-omegamoon preempt mod_unload ARMv5 ' should be '2.6.26-omegamoon-akita preempt mod_unload ARMv5'
snd_soc_core: version magic '2.6.26-omegamoon preempt mod_unload ARMv5 ' should be '2.6.26-omegamoon-akita preempt mod_unload ARMv5'
snd_soc_pxa2xx: version magic '2.6.26-omegamoon preempt mod_unload ARMv5 ' should be '2.6.26-omegamoon-akita preempt mod_unload ARMv5'
snd_soc_wm8750: version magic '2.6.26-omegamoon preempt mod_unload ARMv5 ' should be '2.6.26-omegamoon-akita preempt mod_unload ARMv5'
snd_soc_pxa2xx_i2s: version magic '2.6.26-omegamoon preempt mod_unload ARMv5 ' should be '2.6.26-omegamoon-akita preempt mod_unload ARMv5'
EXT3 FS on mmcblk0p1, internal journal uinput:version magic '  should be '2.2.26-omegamoon-akita preempt mod_unload ARMv5'

I certainly was not aware that my card is EXT3, although I'm happy to reformat and install again if that might be causing the problem.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 07:59 AM