Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Openbsd Install With Out Network
ipenido
post Jan 2 2009, 10:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,909

Hello to every one

I want to install OpenBSD (with the installation files in the tar.gz of the first topic) but i dont have a ethernet or wireless cf (only a bluetooth cf)
Is posible to install it with a network over usb or copying the files in a cf? I need to do something especial?

In other hand, the sd reader dont work in the OpenBSD, no?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Wildherb
post Jan 11 2009, 01:45 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,887

QUOTE(ipenido @ Jan 3 2009, 06:08 AM) *
Hello to every one

I want to install OpenBSD (with the installation files in the tar.gz of the first topic) but i dont have a ethernet or wireless cf (only a bluetooth cf)
Is posible to install it with a network over usb or copying the files in a cf? I need to do something especial?

In other hand, the sd reader dont work in the OpenBSD, no?

I've had success in the past copying all the install files to a CF or and SD card. You start the installation from D+B menu, cd to your media card and then run the insmod zbsdmod.o and cp bsd.rd /proc/zboot. Choose no when asked to setup the network. When the dialogue asks for the install location, just specify your CF (wd1) or SD card.

Reading from SD is not a problem but currently, writing to SD is not supported. You dont need to write to SD during the installation so there shouldn't be a problem.

Having been playing with Zubuntu, OpenZaurus and Angstrom recently I decided to put openBSD back on my C3000. I did exactly as described above and the install completed fine. However, whe it came to reboot, following he halt command, it just boots the OZ splash screen and kernel panics. I'm a bit stuck. Any ideas welcome, see my new thread!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th September 2014 - 05:35 AM