Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Keymap Issue?
nontrivial
post Jan 3 2009, 09:48 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 791

Hello, I am running the 20081219-akita altboot console version. I went that route because there seemed to be a keymap issue on the x11 image. So I was running the altboot console version and everything was working fine but when I installed gpe-* to get the gui stuff I ended up with the same problem. Namely rather important buttons like function and escape aren't working. Can anybody either tell me how to fix the problem or suggest a better version to use?

Also, whatever tskeys is totally dogging the machine and I have to kill it when ASAP after booting. Are there any suggestions for fixing that?

James
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
utx
post Jan 4 2009, 04:47 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,468

QUOTE(nontrivial @ Jan 4 2009, 07:48 AM) *
Hello, I am running the 20081219-akita altboot console version. I went that route because there seemed to be a keymap issue on the x11 image. So I was running the altboot console version and everything was working fine but when I installed gpe-* to get the gui stuff I ended up with the same problem. Namely rather important buttons like function and escape aren't working. Can anybody either tell me how to fix the problem or suggest a better version to use?

Open a terminal. Type "chvt 1" to go to the vt console. Then you have two chances: Degrade xorg-kdrive-fbdev to version 1.3.0.0 (available e. g. in my feed) or write a custom keymap (I tried it but I failed to map Fn and set autorepeat). See discussion in angstrom-distro-devel@linuxtogo.org and angstrom-distro-users@linuxtogo.org. It seems that fix was already found.

Also, whatever tskeys is totally dogging the machine and I have to kill it when ASAP after booting. Are there any suggestions for fixing that?

Nobody debugged it yet. Killing it is the only work-around.

+Quote Post
Capn_Fish
post Jan 4 2009, 05:47 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 10,575

For tskesy, in Ubuntu, you could comment out a block of maybe 8 or so lines in /etc/init.d/zaurusd that starts tskeys to prevent it from starting in the first place.

+Quote Post
ofels
post Jan 4 2009, 11:21 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 13,087

QUOTE(utx @ Jan 4 2009, 01:47 PM) *

Nobody debugged it yet. Killing it is the only work-around.

Note that it also applies to zubuntu distros- same problem. It is not distro specific.

Oliver

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 08:11 AM