Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Compiling Qt Programs For Angstrom With Opie
BerndS
post Jan 21 2009, 12:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,770

Hi,

which packages do I need to compile Qt3 programs for Angstrom/Opie ? And where can I get them?

(I want to compile portabase for Angstrom with Opie)

regards

Bernd
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
ofels
post Jan 22 2009, 02:31 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 13,087

QUOTE(BerndS @ Jan 21 2009, 09:37 PM) *
Hi,

which packages do I need to compile Qt3 programs for Angstrom/Opie ? And where can I get them?

Given the fact that opie completely relies on qte 2.3.x you need a very good programmer who ports the missing qt3 functionality to qt2.
Though last time I checked portabase was based on qt2, not qt3.

And if you want to build angstrom packages, why don't you hop over to http://www.openembedded.org and read the "Getting Started" instructions ? wink.gif

Oliver

+Quote Post
BerndS
post Jan 22 2009, 10:15 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(ofels @ Jan 22 2009, 11:31 AM) *
QUOTE(BerndS @ Jan 21 2009, 09:37 PM) *
Hi,

Given the fact that opie completely relies on qte 2.3.x you need a very good programmer who ports the missing qt3 functionality to qt2.
Though last time I checked portabase was based on qt2, not qt3.

ok, then I need packages with the libraries and tools for qt2.

And if you want to build angstrom packages, why don't you hop over to http://www.openembedded.org and read the "Getting Started" instructions ? wink.gif

Already been there - but I did not find the infos I want. I do not want to write new programs for Opie or create a new image - just compile the existing Portabase for Opie on my Zaurus.

Bernd

+Quote Post
ofels
post Jan 22 2009, 01:04 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 13,087

QUOTE(BerndS @ Jan 22 2009, 07:15 PM) *

Already been there - but I did not find the infos I want. I do not want to write new programs for Opie or create a new image - just compile the existing Portabase for Opie on my Zaurus.

In that case you missed the point. OE is a complete build system for automatically building the software be it the whole Angstrom distribution or only packages. In any case it fetches the required dependencies and sets up the cross compiling system. If you want to build a package for Angstrom there is no good way around setting up OE.

Oliver

+Quote Post
BerndS
post Jan 23 2009, 10:33 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(ofels @ Jan 22 2009, 10:04 PM) *
In that case you missed the point. OE is a complete build system for automatically building the software be it the whole Angstrom distribution or only packages. In any case it fetches the required dependencies and sets up the cross compiling system. If you want to build a package for Angstrom there is no good way around setting up OE.

ok; but then: How can I build the binaries for an application for OPIE?

From the other messages in this thread I read that Portabase should run under OPIE -- if I only could compile it.

regards

Bernd

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 09:54 PM