adf
post Apr 12 2009, 04:50 PM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,572

QUOTE(thebaz67 @ Feb 6 2009, 06:14 AM) *
This is how I configured my C3100.

I installed cacko normally to the NAND.

I installed the patch avail here to remove the need for the part hard drive partitions:

http://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?s=&...st&p=176430

Then I created a couple of partitions on an SD card, one to hold the Zubuntu OS and one to point to the install of cacko on the NAND.

All I did to get cacko working is in the /boot partition on the sd card was place the zImage file and the kerel-cmdline containing the text below

console=ttyS0 root=/dev/mtdblock2 mtdparts=sharpsl-nand:7168k@0k(smf),32768k@7168k(root),-(home) jffs2_orphaned_inodes=delete EQUIPMENT=0 LOGOLANG=1 DEFYEAR=2006 LOGO=1 LAUNCH=q

what this does is load the zImage file from SD then loads the rest of cacko from the internal memory.

Ok..I'm missing something. All I can manage following these directions is to hanf on the cacko blue loading screen. I bet I entered the kernel_cmdline wrong. What should it look like in the text editor?

Also, did you resize the cacko root partition to 32 as the cacko directions call for?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mjiba
post Apr 12 2009, 07:06 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 18,754

When you boot Cacko the first time, before flashing the Zubuntu-kexec kernal, you can use:

cat /proc/cmdline > [location of kernal-cmdline file on SD]

to have the correct cmdline info on your SD partition. It may be different depending on your Z model.

Hope this helps...

+Quote Post
adf
post Apr 20 2009, 07:17 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(mjiba @ Apr 12 2009, 07:06 PM) *
When you boot Cacko the first time, before flashing the Zubuntu-kexec kernal, you can use:

cat /proc/cmdline > [location of kernal-cmdline file on SD]

to have the correct cmdline info on your SD partition. It may be different depending on your Z model.

Hope this helps...

I had to reflash and install evil jazz's kernel and modules before I did cat /proc/cmdline, etc.. but it worked great.

Now I just have to get sound in zubuntu and make cacko use my ambicom wifi smile.gif

+Quote Post
mjiba
post Apr 21 2009, 01:54 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 18,754

Just out of curiosity, which Cacko kernal did you wind up using? I could not get eviljazz's kernel to work with this, no matter what I tried.
Glad you got it working though.

+Quote Post
adf
post Apr 21 2009, 07:40 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(mjiba @ Apr 21 2009, 01:54 PM) *
Just out of curiosity, which Cacko kernal did you wind up using? I could not get eviljazz's kernel to work with this, no matter what I tried.
Glad you got it working though.

I did a restore form trisoft's image, flashed cacko..had issues for a bit. what I ended up doing was flashing cacko, doing the no hd patch (which I suspect of having side effects) installing eviljazz's fastfpe cahchedfb kernel AND the modules, catting the cmdline over to the /boot/kernel_cmd and adding the same eviljazz zImage to the /boot dir. It seems to work, but I am having wifi issues..sadly now I am having them on both cacko and zubuntu because I installed connman and can no longer get dhc to work, but that is a story for another thread, and I can use the cacko boot to install a new zubuntu image if necessary smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 03:49 AM