Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Latest Zlib (sharp Rom), ipk
koan
post Feb 28 2009, 08:22 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,025

Hi

I was using zlib (AKA libz) and I realised I was still using 1.1.5 that I must have downloaded via the old ZSI. On the zlib homepage you can see that several security vulnerabilities have since been fixed and the current version 1.2.3 is almost 4 years old!

Maybe other people have a more up to date version installed but I didn't find any ipks so I cross compiled and made an ipk. Please find the libz 1.2.3 ipk at my homepage.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
koan
post Apr 27 2010, 01:30 PM
Post #2

In the last few months two (!) new versions of zlib were released.
1.2.4 quickly followed by 1.2.5. I almost didn't notice. The fixes are mainly
housekeeping so that it can be compiled for multiple platforms but 2
memory leaks were fixed. This makes it worthwhile to update to the latest version.

libz for Zaurus

+Quote Post
duo
post Apr 29 2010, 07:32 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 22,227

QUOTE(koan @ Apr 27 2010, 04:30 PM) *
In the last few months two (!) new versions of zlib were released.
1.2.4 quickly followed by 1.2.5. I almost didn't notice. The fixes are mainly
housekeeping so that it can be compiled for multiple platforms but 2
memory leaks were fixed. This makes it worthwhile to update to the latest version.

libz for Zaurus

I'm running 1.2.2, i tried to install in cacko thru the add/remove and thru 'ipkg install' and it doesn't work.
are these meant for the sharp/cacko rom or another distro? Cuz if so, I don't think that you have them packaged correctly.
They appear to be packaged for a debian based distro.

+Quote Post
koan
post Apr 30 2010, 12:11 AM
Post #4

QUOTE(duo @ Apr 30 2010, 01:32 PM) *
i tried to install in cacko thru the add/remove and thru 'ipkg install' and it doesn't work.

IIRC ipk format is the same as a debian package. I am using the ipkg-build.sh script, I don't know anything about debian packages.

The ipk installs the library to /opt/Qtopia/lib and sets up the required links. It installs fine on my SL-C750 with original Sharp ROM and I tested it using a test program that comes with libz called "minigzip" so I know that it works.

Please can you be more specific than "it doesn't work". Were there any error messages and what were they ? Can you see the file /opt/Qtopia/lib/libz.so.1.2.5 after installing ?

I don't have Cacko but I would have thought that the path /opt/Qtopia exists... or does it not ?

Did you download the ipk properly ? Maybe there was an error. I just checked the file on the webserver, it looks OK to me. I downloaded myself to check and my browser un-gzipped it when it shouldn't have. I suspect this is what happened to you. Was your download 50 KB or 43 KB ?

I have added a MIME type to the server so it should download without decompressing now. Please try downloading it again.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 02:46 PM