Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Latest Zlib (sharp Rom), ipk
koan
post Feb 28 2009, 08:22 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,025

Hi

I was using zlib (AKA libz) and I realised I was still using 1.1.5 that I must have downloaded via the old ZSI. On the zlib homepage you can see that several security vulnerabilities have since been fixed and the current version 1.2.3 is almost 4 years old!

Maybe other people have a more up to date version installed but I didn't find any ipks so I cross compiled and made an ipk. Please find the libz 1.2.3 ipk at my homepage.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
xamindar
post Apr 30 2010, 08:49 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,368

He means it doesn't work in the gui installer. I have not bothered installing this package yet for the same reason. I was going to dissect it to make sure it was safe and then install it.

Problem is, you open it up in the gui installer and it doesn't show at all. Something is missing from this package. It probably installs fine from the command line and I will install it that way after inspecting it.

+Quote Post
koan
post Apr 30 2010, 10:02 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,025

QUOTE(xamindar @ May 1 2010, 02:49 AM) *
Problem is, you open it up in the gui installer and it doesn't show at all.

OK. If you check the size of the ipk I am confident you will find that it is 50 KB instead of 43 KB because of the aforementioned web server/gzip problem. You can either gzip it and rename it to libz_1.2.5_arm.ipk or download it again.

I have confirmed that if you un-gzip an ipk, rename it to something.ipk, then the installer will not see it but it will appear with an installer icon next to it in the files tab.

By the way, I can assure you that it really is only the libz shared object plus installer scripts for setting up links and removing them. If you don't trust the file you just downloaded from some random guy's website then getting it installed is the least of your worries tongue.gif You can always cross compile it yourself...

+Quote Post
duo
post Apr 30 2010, 11:25 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 22,227

No worries, I know that it was clean, i looked at the files on my laptop first.
Problem is exactly as you say, they need to be gziped then renamed ipk.
Did that and it installed from command line. Also show up in gui.

I downloaded myself to check and my browser un-gzipped it when it shouldn't have. I suspect this is what happened to you.

Strange, it is possible that my browser did that, yet why would it not do that to other packages that i've downloaded?

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th December 2014 - 04:16 AM