IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> How To Extract Filesystem
ToneBlind
post Jun 29 2009, 10:06 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,059

I'm having a great time with zubuntu (thanks to Cortez, I'll be making a donation soon! dry.gif )

Now that I have Zubuntu working in my SL-C1000, I'd like to install and run Cacko from the same SD as well. Since I was planning on multibooting Cacko and pdaXrom in the future, I basically exactly duplicated the partition layout which Cortez shows in his Omegamoon instructions. The first step is to get Cacko working and booting off the SD...

I think I can figure out how to get a kernel-cmdline working based off the /proc/cmdline data in Cacko. My main problem is: How do I get a copy of the Cacko filesystem?

I can install Cacko in my other SL-C1000, and I suppose then copying everything from there would be feasible. On the other hand, is there any way to get the whole filesystem image from my laptop using either the Cacko 1.23 install files, or a NAND backup from a SL-C1000 with Cacko installed on it?

I'm just wondering how you guys did it (including Cortez, which seems to have this working judging by his SD card partition setup.) I really want to run Cacko off the SD and not the NAND.

Thank you in advance, and congratulations for the hard work put in this great distro!

TB
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 09:29 AM