IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fluxbox 1.0.0 Ipk Released, Attached here
ToneBlind
post Jul 15 2009, 06:28 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,059

I finally set up the crosscompilation SDK, and this is my first release. Everything works out of the box. Fluxbox 1-0-0 is even faster than the 0.9 branch, and it loads every possible style, even pixmap styles. And they load faster too.
I have tested this in a SL-C1000 running pdaXii13, but it should work equally well in pdaXrom Beta1 or Beta3. Not sure about other versions, please let me know if you encounter any problems.

To enable autorotate when the screen is twisted, just add this line to ~/.fluxbox/keys:
CODE
None XF86RotateWindows :ExecCommand rotate.sh

This works with the rotate.sh script in pdaXii13, I don't know if pdaXrom has that same script. If you have problems, again let me know. I can post the contents of the rotate.sh script if necessary (it's just about 10 lines of code.)

Enjoy! smile.gif
Attached File(s)
Attached File  fluxbox_1.0.0_armv5tel.ipk ( 882.89K ) Number of downloads: 14

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Capn_Fish
post Jul 21 2009, 12:07 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 10,575

Yeah, I've been using Fluxbox on my N810, and right/middle clicking is a breeze. I should probably give EvilWM a go on it, but the keyboard is crummy enough that I don't really want to.

Fixing things is the easy part. I do it when things annoy me, and sharing how to do it is trivial.

+Quote Post
ToneBlind
post Jul 22 2009, 02:48 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 21,059

QUOTE(Capn_Fish @ Jul 21 2009, 01:07 PM) *
Yeah, I've been using Fluxbox on my N810, and right/middle clicking is a breeze. I should probably give EvilWM a go on it, but the keyboard is crummy enough that I don't really want to.

Fixing things is the easy part. I do it when things annoy me, and sharing how to do it is trivial.

I've been thinking about getting an N810 myself. I love the Zaurus, but I think I got to the party a little late, and the interest has shifted elsewhere. But I get the impression that the N810 is less hackable than the Zaurus. Can you even install Ubuntu or Debian on it? It's a tempting machine, but I would like to actually be able to put on it something else than Maemo/Mer.

I have also been looking for forums on the N810, and there doesn't seem to be anything close to the caliber of this forum. Do you know of any?

+Quote Post
mars
post Jul 23 2009, 05:35 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 4,881

QUOTE(ToneBlind @ Jul 22 2009, 10:48 PM) *
I have also been looking for forums on the N810

You will find that http://talk.maemo.org is a fairly active forum.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th December 2014 - 02:10 AM