IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Sharpc3100 Or Nokia N810?
Cyberdoc1971
post Aug 6 2009, 10:53 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,316

I know I said I am looking to get a Sharp C3100 in another thread, used to have one a couple of years ago. However I have been looking at the Nokia N810, which would be better? The main thing is the C3100 is a whole lot harder to find, and I have found the N810 is a bit less expensive. I am looking to buy within the next couple of weeks, I could use a little insight here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
utx
post Aug 6 2009, 12:34 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,468

SL-C3100/SL-C3200:

Pros: Free CF slot and full-size SD slot, internal HDD (but now comparable with Micro-SD cards in N810), well protected display when closed.

Cons: No internal Wi-Fi, no internal Bluetooth (both needs to be extrernal).

N810:

Pros: 800 pixels horizontally, more memory, camera, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth.

Cons: Much worse keyboard (one row less, when pressin upper row, your fingers touch the top part edge).

+Quote Post
mars
post Aug 6 2009, 01:50 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,881

N810 or Zaurus, depends on what you want to do. However, I would say for most folks a N810 would probably be the way to go. A fairly active community at maemo.org, nokia is still committed (although quiet about their next device). Nokia still looks at what closed pieces they can open source.

Bluetooth and wifi are very well integrated and work. The N810 is supposed to be an "internet tablet" so good selection of apps are web enabled. The web works wonderfully for a small handheld.

Way ahead for os with community development of mer (ubuntu thin layer).

A convenient way to run debian in a change root environment from within maemo.

Unless you are the type of person who would say "you can have my zaurus when you pry it from my cold dead hands," I'd say take a look at the Nokia N810 or wait until later this year when their next device comes out or the fabled Open Pandora device decides to ship a year + late.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 09:14 PM