IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Netbooks And Ubuntu Making Me Lazy! :p
Snappy
post Aug 20 2009, 06:48 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,633

Just popping in to see if there is anything new. Hope everyone is alive and kickin! biggrin.gif

After reading through the threads, esp the one on Zubuntu, I realised how lazy I've become!
Ever since I started using Ubuntu on my main notebook, I learn to take for granted the ease of use of Ubuntu and forget how hard it was to get my Zaurii (sl5500 and c1000) to work exactly the way I want it to.

Now with a netbook running Jaunty, it almost seem ridiculous to me to have to follow any precise steps in installing Ubuntu. Until I read the Zubuntu thread. wink.gif

I'm not complaining abt Zubuntu ... I have it (half) working on my c1000 but it's been months since I use it. I'm complaining about myself ... ... taking a back seat and not really willing to try out the latest greatest OS. Why, I even thought of restoring my c1000 back to Cacko just so that I know everything that was working would work as it did.

I only stopped because I was too lazy to even do that.

I blame it on the ease of use of Ubuntu!! laugh.gif ph34r.gif tongue.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
ptoki
post Aug 20 2009, 08:19 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,583

Oh no, cacko again?

I just escaped from that soft hole. Old versions, packages are not always easy to find if even possible.
Cacko is great but soooo old.

Zubuntu with kdrive has some drawbacks but selection of available software fulfills those to the level of cacko and maybe even better.

My unsolved problems so far with zubuntu:
-jumping cursor through touchscreen
-problem with not rotated mouse
-strangely working tskeys (space under it is considered as visible, or at least it behaves so)
-lxterminal is not maximized properly at start
-high cpu usage after resume

Other zaurus specific problems are gone. Yesterday I've spent 3 hours playing stella. Zstella for cacko never worked in my c1000 under cacko.
Even suspend works quite nice.
Now my Z has got new life.

But I agree that netbooks are superior to Z.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 11:34 AM