OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How To Setup Irda-ppp? (sonyericsson K608i+c3200 Cacko 1.23), Looking also for the right INIT-String
beckerb
post Oct 8 2009, 10:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,212

Hi folks,

I am still trying to set up an IrdA-PPP connection between my Sony Ericsson k608i (somewhat dated.....just like the Zaurus:)) and my newly acquired SL C-3200.

I had the same Sony Ericsson k608i connected to my old Psion 5mxPro which always worked.

But I have never used IrdA-PPP on the Zaurus, so if somebody can give me a comprehensive general introduction, that would be appreciated as well!

So far I have tried following init-strings:

at e0<cr>at+cgatt=0<cr>at+cgdcont=3,"ip","drei.at" or AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","drei.at","0.0.0.0",0,0

and

AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","drei.at","0.0.0.0",0,0

My provider is in Austria called "Drei", and the APN is on first place on my phone.

On my Psion I only had to type in the calling number which was: *99***1#, do I need to put this at the "phone" line in the network connection?????

Are there any other suggestions????

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Oct 13 2009, 02:42 PM
Post #2

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

can you fire up miniterm and connect to the IRDA port of the phone and simply try "AT" command to verify that the phone is connecting OK?

is that phone 2, 2.5 or 3G?

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Oct 13 2009, 02:44 PM
Post #3

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

p.s. if you simply dial the ~99~ it will, in general, choose the default APN set in the phone, you normally override it with the AT+CGDCONT just before dialling.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 09:13 AM