Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Renaming The Forum, from OESF to ??
speculatrix
post Oct 13 2009, 02:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

the name of this forum/board isn't really that meaningful

what do people think - keep the name, add a bit, lose a bit?

the only device which is routinely discussed is the zaurus, so it seems to me that a better name would simply be "the zaurus forum".

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
koan
post Oct 15 2009, 01:01 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,025

What about people with Nokia N80/N81 or Simpad or such ?

I think the reason why these forums were originally called OESF was to embrace these other platforms. I can't see a good reason to relegate them. Is "Zaurus" hardware or software ?

I agree that Open Embedded Software Foundation is not particularly clear. The "foundation" part makes it sound like a charity. Face it, if you were searching on Google and found that title you probably wouldn't come here to discuss Maemo, Angstrom or Zaurus.

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Oct 15 2009, 02:47 AM
Post #3

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

QUOTE(koan @ Oct 15 2009, 10:01 AM) *
What about people with Nokia N80/N81 or Simpad or such ?

I think the reason why these forums were originally called OESF was to embrace these other platforms. I can't see a good reason to relegate them. Is "Zaurus" hardware or software ?

I agree that Open Embedded Software Foundation is not particularly clear. The "foundation" part makes it sound like a charity. Face it, if you were searching on Google and found that title you probably wouldn't come here to discuss Maemo, Angstrom or Zaurus.

the nokia tablet community is very active on talk.maemo.org and I'd never come here other than to discuss porting maemo to zaurus.

I think of the zaurus as a package, hardware platform plus a range of possible OSs.

I don't know how active the simpad community is, whether there's alternative sites that are now the focus?

the "foundation" part, I agree, is pointless.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th December 2014 - 08:35 PM