Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Renaming The Forum, from OESF to ??
speculatrix
post Oct 13 2009, 02:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

the name of this forum/board isn't really that meaningful

what do people think - keep the name, add a bit, lose a bit?

the only device which is routinely discussed is the zaurus, so it seems to me that a better name would simply be "the zaurus forum".

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
tux
post Oct 17 2009, 01:53 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 346

'Zaurus and Friends' sounds good to me. But then I didn't realise the name had changed from ZUG until the first time I logged in without using the ZUG portal!

However: shouldn't this thread be in the forum for making suggestions and requests about the forums? And perhaps we should be asking for that forum to be 'lifted' up the first page we see to make it more obvious?

Somebody asked about a feed that was missing in action. I've got a copy and it might end up hosted somewhere later on. But there is a Cacko feed hosted by this group. The link to it is on the ZUG portal to these forums. Wouldn't it be a good idea to have the link in the title bar of these forums?

But coming back to my comment above. shouldn't these discussions, suggestions be taking place in the suggestions and requests forum? Might be a good place to find out if we have forum admins who are able to make these changes or if we need someone with expertise in mysql to explain how to do these changes?

Cheers

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st November 2014 - 06:10 AM