Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Renaming The Forum, from OESF to ??
speculatrix
post Oct 13 2009, 02:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

the name of this forum/board isn't really that meaningful

what do people think - keep the name, add a bit, lose a bit?

the only device which is routinely discussed is the zaurus, so it seems to me that a better name would simply be "the zaurus forum".

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
koan
post Oct 17 2009, 01:22 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,025

Are you guys sure that changing the name of the forum is the top priority ?

IMHO there are many more ways to benefit the Zaurus community. For example, the wiki is in dire need of straightening out and updating. That's a task I started on a while back but the last 6-12 months I've been side tracked by other events in my life. It shouldn't even take that long because collectively we have the knowledge to do it.

We could also do with some nice clear guides on "How to..." do stuff; these could be wikified. If some time was spent making them look really good then that could help entice people back. I know of people with Zauruses who just stopped using them because they found it too difficult.

I also think that a lot of software has been cross compiled for other distributions, for example via the "What do you need compiled" threads - that's great but most of the software needs some work on the UI to make it work nice on a PDA and my feeling is that in a few cases only a minimal amount of tweaking was performed.

Something that might also help would be some up to date FAQs (a real one gleaned from questions).

If you are set on changing the forum name then here some suggestions (in no order):

Zaurus Zone
The Zaurus Hegemony
Gods of Zaurus
Zaurus Centre
Zaurus Control
Zaurus Forums
Zaurus Users Zone
Open Embedded Software Forums smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th July 2014 - 10:51 PM