Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> C3000 Ac Adapter And Best Distro?, Its been a while
danboid
post Jan 18 2010, 03:41 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,789

Hi!

I've not logged into OESF for a couple of years now- there doesn't seem to have been much activity in this forum lately (obviously eveyone has moved on to newer gadgets- N900's, openmoko, Android, Netwalkers etc.) so I'm hoping I won't be waiting too long for a response. My c3100 only lasted a few months before I had a ROM issue that would've required me send it back to SHARP Japan which I never did but this xmas I got given my dads c3000 which he hasn't used in some time now, which will keep me busy until my Pandora eventually arrives. Anytime now they say, honest! wink.gif

I managed to dig out my c3100 but god knows where my AC adapter went and my dad has lost his too so I've not been able to power it on since I got it off him. The English Zaurus manual doesn't give specs for exactly what AC adapter is required, they just say "use the official SHARP AC adapter" which I have been unable to find on ebay. I do have one of those adjustable AC adapters and I tried it at 4.5V or whatever the nearest setting was but that didn't work- hope I didn't damage my Z trying it out. Does anyone know where I can get an AC adapter in the UK that will work well my my c3000?

Whats the best distro for the c3000 in 2010? Last time I was here, pdaXii13 was the best 'desktop Linux'-alike distro but since then I've noticed Ubuntu has been ported (zubuntu, of course) and maybe the Zaurus Debian experience has improved in the last couple of years? One of the major advantages of pdaXii13 was that it had working bvdd support in mplayer which allowed you to play QVGA videos smoothly- did anyone ever get bvdd working under zubuntu/ Zaurus Debian or get smooth video playback comparable to bvdd any other way ie through fbdev or whatever? The other thing that concerns me about zubuntu/ zdeb is power management? Mainly I'd like to know if suspend and resume work properly ie as well as or better than pdaXii13? Do we ever hear from meanie any more here?

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
danboid
post Jan 18 2010, 11:43 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,789

Yo UTX!

After much ringing round I found a local shop selling unofficial PSP AC adapters for 5 but sadly the address on g.maps was wrong- I got to their old shop on the other side of town just before they were to shut so I didn't get it today- bit annoying!

Thanks for the video encoding/playback tip- yes I remember hearing about having to encode for 480x640. MJPEG AVI might be even better than MPEG2? I'll let you know what I discover.

Has no-one put together an Angstrom based distro for the c3000 thats fully pimped out and ready to rock straight after flashing just like pdaXii13, but newer?? If no-one else has then maybe we should?

How does pdaxrom-ng compare to Angstrom?

Looking forward to booting the Z again!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 05:17 PM