Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Multiboot With Sharp Rom
koan
post May 29 2010, 01:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,025

Hi

I am trying to get my 3200 to multiboot with the Sharp ROM. I flashed NAND to my original Sharp back up, installed the kexec boot loader (from Cortez IIRC) and have Zubuntu 1 and 2 on two SDHC card partitions, working fine.

Currently, the HDD has the original layout so that shouldn't be a problem. Which kernel do I use to boot from kexec to Sharp ?

I had a kernel, downloaded from someone on OESF I guess, and it boots into QPE but the SD card driver doesn't work, dmesg shows lots of messages
pxa_sd_wait_id_response: responce time out (cmd=01 MMC_STAT=0x2142)
At first I thought this was due to the SDHC card but when I swap to a 1 GB SD card it isn't recognised.

Thanks in advance
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
xamindar
post May 29 2010, 02:04 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,368

I would imagine any Sharp based kernel should be fine. I use evilJazz's kernel which I think includes the tetsu patches and some other things like the audio driver that allows to set bass and trebble options in sharp rom. My setup is debian on internal microdrive and use kexec to boot into sharp rom, works great. It has been a while but I remember I had to modify quite a few things to get it to boot properly and work. Sharp rom runs some really strange scripts to mount the internal microdrive partitions. Regarding SD, not sure why it doesn"t work. All Sharp kernels I have ever used work fine with the Sharp sd module.
If you want me to check anything on my c3100 that may help you just let me know.

+Quote Post
koan
post May 30 2010, 12:22 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,025

QUOTE(xamindar @ May 30 2010, 08:04 AM) *
I would imagine any Sharp based kernel should be fine. I use evilJazz's kernel which I think includes the tetsu patches and some other things like the audio driver that allows to set bass and trebble options in sharp rom.

Thanks. I tried evilJazz's kernel but during it's start up it hangs at a "Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init!" There are several lines on screen similar to "Function entered at [<c00ead00>] from [<c00ecde4>]" plus " r8 = 00000000 r7 = 00000001 r6 = C3E9F560 r5 = C3FB70CC r4 = C3FB7800". What boot parameters do you use, if any ?

I found a Sharp 3200 original ROM file on Tetsu's website but after showing the Sharp logo screen it hangs (no message), not even the line starting "INIT".

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 02:45 PM