IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Replacement Ac Adapter / Power Supply
mrteeth
post Aug 21 2010, 06:31 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 85,197

The tip of my AC adapter snapped off. Importing an official replacement from japan is unreasonably expensive (cost almost 25% of the entire netwalker).

Can anyone recommend a replacement available in the US or at least tell me if the tip is compatible with some other standard?

I know the tip needs to match and the supply must be 11V with a reasonable amperage, I just don't know where to find such a replacement, especially since it's hard to tell if the tip matches without trying to plug it in.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
koan
post Aug 22 2010, 02:22 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,025

I would have thought something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Power-Line-0900-77A-...ref=pd_sim_ol_1 would be suitable. Just make sure that you attach the connector in the right orientation and set the voltage.

+Quote Post
mrteeth
post Aug 22 2010, 04:51 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 85,197

QUOTE(koan @ Aug 22 2010, 06:22 AM) *
I would have thought something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Power-Line-0900-77A-...ref=pd_sim_ol_1 would be suitable. Just make sure that you attach the connector in the right orientation and set the voltage.

Hmmm...looks good except:
-the netwalker is rated at 11V hopefully 12V won't cause any problems with long term use.
-difficult to say if the tip will fit. a loose fit will eventually cause the port itself to fail which is much more difficult to fix.

damn apple and their patent on magnetic power ports. damn them to hell.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2014 - 09:34 PM